Spanish Instruction

Hello-Just arrived in Puerto Plata and would like to learn spanish. Was thinking of a private instructor. What is the best and or cheapest way to learn?? Thanks

Hi PC1,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will advise you of some best places to learn spanish in Puerto Plata.

Wish you good luck
Christine

PC1 wrote:

Hello-Just arrived in Puerto Plata and would like to learn spanish. Was thinking of a private instructor. What is the best and or cheapest way to learn?? Thanks

Welcome to  Puerto  Plata.  A private instructor is likely  your best bet. Go to the  better schools in Puerto Plata and look for a qualified teacher first of all,  ask them about  private lessons.   

The  language institutes here do not teach Spanish and  most  are not  staffed with well qualified  instructors.  I know some of the English teachers and while they can  speak  English they are not  qualified teachers.

Take the time to find the right  instructor. If you intend to stay  here long term you are going to want to learn  good Spanish not street Spanish. 

Take every single  opportunity  to  practice your Spanish.  Do  not hang out with expats all  day every day or you  will not learn  a lot of Spanish....LOL    Ask  the  locals you know to kindly correct your Spanish when you say things wrong.  And keep  practicing.......

Thanks I'll look into it.