Study about Brexit and British expat in France .

Hi, everyone  :cheers:
I'm a french student and I have some question for British expat

1.     What's your name?
2.     How old are you?
3.    Where do you live?
4.    What is the British political party you share ideas of?
5.    Did you vote in the Brexit referendum? What did you vote for?
6.    What was your first reaction after the results?
7.    Do you think that Brexit will have consequences on your life as an expat
8.    Did you think that Brexit will have an impact on the UK economy?

This is an unusual thread so perhaps you could clarify the reasons for posting it.

I'm Georges . I have 17 years old .
I'm a french student and in class, we learn about Brexit and How does it impact British expect we have to make a survey for this class but u CAN You can answer anonymously or with a pseudo.
so I make this survey for my English class and my group gonna make an oral presentation of our result.

Before anything you have to understand the majority English (Not Scottish, Welsh and Irish) view of the EU.
England voted heavily in favour of leaving, much of that because they think the EU is a corrupt, pointless, un-elected bunch of self serving bureaucrats with no interest in the UK except how much cash they can rip it off for.
This view is backed up by most UK newspapers, them running stories about how much the aforementioned paper pushers rip everyone off for and how corrupt they are.
Real evidence backs the papers up and much is made of the sneaky way the UK was taken into the EU without a vote.
Add things like the EU army and you have a lot of fuel for the anti EU fire.
The accuracy of newspaper stories is unimportant because the Majority of English voters want to believe them so nobody looks at much past the headlines and first paragraph.

The above may or may not be my opinion but are very commonly held opinions in England.

Do you want anyone to participate or just people living in France, as I am a Brit living in Austria.

1.     What's your name? Fred
2.     How old are you? Older than the mountains, older than the trees
3.    Where do you live? Indonesia
4.    What is the British political party you share ideas of? None - they're all corrupt self serving *^**s
5.    Did you vote in the Brexit referendum? What did you vote for? Not telling you but I agree with the majority in my area
6.    What was your first reaction after the results?  :top:
7.    Do you think that Brexit will have consequences on your life as an expat Only if the Pounds dies but I don't believe it will in the long term. The speculators will make what they can but I believe the quid will do rather well when the dust settles. Can't say the same for the Euro when the EU loses 20% of its income.
8.    Did you think that Brexit will have an impact on the UK economy? Yes, a positive one as the artificial EU trade is replaced by Britain's traditional and new trading partners.

Yes, you can participate if u want . thank you.

*Fred thank you very much for your answer.

Here's a reply in support of most of what Fred said.
I believe the vote to leave the EU was based on dissatisfaction with the Utopian quest to expand the already dysfunctional EU into other countries who applied to gain the benefits and import their own problems (Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey).
Next, the difficulty that the 28 nation states had to agree on the really important issues (Defence, free trade, migration) .
We found that laws made in the UK parliament were being over-ridden by the European court in Strasbourg, which we did not elect.
Finally, we came to know the cost and sickening waste of the European gravy train (Brussels and Strasbourg, travel and accommodation, common fishing policy, agricultural policy and so on.  Of course, France would not agree to shut down Strasbourg since the whole economy of the area depends on the EU, and who is paying for it? Add to that some of the recent exposures about politicians who have been found with as many as 25 ghost employees paid by the EU and you have a very good reason why GB should want to get control of its own affairs and face the problems of the modern world with its own hands on the steering wheel. I hope it works.

I have just moved to France because i voted to remain in Europe. I voted to stay as did most of the other people in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Yet the British government is determined to take us out of  Europe.  One of the reasons I wanted to.stay in Europe is that I want to be European  and that N.I benefited greatly from being in the EU. As an area at the extreme end of Europe we benefited from improvement in roads and trade and money from Europe to help the peace process.We already pay more for utilities such as electricity and  all goods because they have to travel across the Irish Sea to us.  We didnt always get a fair share of money from London as a lot of money goes to the South East and London. I  think the British public voted for Brexit because of the large number of European workers who came to Britain  but Britain needs most of these workers.What we didn't need is the large number of health tourists who come to Britain for free health care though  a lot of these aren't from European countries.  WAITING LISTS IN BRITISH HOSPITALS ARE FULL OF FOREIGN NATIONALS. MY SISTER WORKS IN ONE HOSPITAL SO i know this to be a fact.We also didn't need the number of convicted criminals who came to Britain unchallenged. We also didn't need a number of people who came to receive free benefits and refused to work or learn English to increase their employability. Most of these people came from only one or two European countries  AND SOME NOT FROM EUROPE AT ALL. SOME are FROM among  its newest members. The vote seemed to be anti European and dare I say it racist but really it was a protest vote and the people who voted  out may not have really understood all the consequences. I THINK MOST PEOPLE WERE VERY SURPRISED AT THE RESULT. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN SCOTLAND AND N.I. were angry and a lot of young people  (my three children  who are in their early twenties ) included were devastated. It is their future which will be affected. I hope that so will be happy living in France and I can only say that a lot of people have been really nice to me since I have been here.  So  I hope everything turns out for the best and I settle in well and learn French really fast and contribute to French society

I'm a bit concerned at the above answer in many ways.
Apart from what could be seen as racism (a very silly hobby), it's way off topic.

The reason the UK government is pushing Brexit is known as democracy. The majority voted to get out and politicians work for the people (except the self serving ones who refuse the accept the vote).

The reasons people wanted out are complex, some because they're racist idiots, but most in my old area because no one was allowed a vote to join Europe and it's seen as a mess run by corrupt politicians and paper pushers that get paid massive chunks of money to get bribed a lot.

I THINK MOST PEOPLE WERE VERY SURPRISED AT THE RESULT. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN SCOTLAND AND N.I. were angry

True, but many NI people people murdered Catholics and ran a terrorist bombing campaign to remain in the union, and the majority political party supports being British (Ulster unionists). Scotland voted to stay in the UK not so long ago.

Surprised, probably, but that's sectarian violence and democracy at work.