Employment Pass

Hi, my employment pass has been pending for almost 4 months (16 weeks). It's my first official job here in Singapore after graduate from U. Is it advisable for me to wait for the current EP? Or should I withdraw from the application and look for other job?
Please share with me ur experiences. Thank you!

There were few instances in past where Expat users confirmed that their EP got approved after 4 months, hope you will get a response soon.

Secondly, to withdraw the application (means you will request your employer to withdraw) is not a good idea.

Thirdly, if you think that you can get better prospect in the market then you may try elsewhere and if you receive a better offer and still your EP status is not updated then you may request first employer to withdraw so that your current employer can apply your EP. Good luck

Hi Surya2k,

How did you say that it would be not adviseable if he will just ask his employer to withdraw his application?

I said it's not a good idea to ask your employer to withdraw (before you find a new prospect employer with a better position and salary), or else if your employer withdrawn application then within 30days if you can't get a new employer who will hire n apply working pass for you then you have to leave Singapore. Read entire message to understand my point of view of your case.

Got your point Surya2. Its better to have a sure next employment before asking your previous employer to withdraw your application. Just one more question, I am just curious. What if since hes been waiting for so long he found a temporary job in his home country while waiting for his application in Singapore. Then, his pass has been approved but he decided to stay in his job in home country (for some other reason). So he will ask his employer in SG to withdraw/to cancel his pass. Will it then affect his record if he, lets say in the future, if he decides to go to SG again and look for a job? Will it affect his record?

COCODGREAT wrote:

Then, his pass has been approved but he decided to stay in his job in home country (for some other reason). So he will ask his employer in SG to withdraw/to cancel his pass. Will it then affect his record if he, lets say in the future, if he decides to go to SG again and look for a job?

It will not affect his record if he followed the proper termination procedure, notice period and possibly paid penalties specified in his Singapore employment contract.
If he did not do that, the employer is in his full right to lodge a complaint with MoM - and that WILL affect the record!

Thanks Surya! I hope my EP will be out soon :)
Btw, has anyone been waiting any time longer than 4 months?

Thanks Beppi!

I know someone whos been waiting 3mos now Momotan.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Babel.

English please as this is an Anglophile forum.  :top:

Hi Beppi,

Since you mentioned that if he will not follow the termination procedure in his employment contract, there will be an effect on his record. On the same case above, will there still be an effect even if he havent started working with his SG Employer? (Since he just later on decided to not go on the offer and ask his employer to cancel his pass) will there be an effect?

If you read other threads, I said earlier that IF the employer registered a complain at MoM about the employee not fulfilling his obligation to join the company after the pass approved then this could be a negative feedback on the employee at MoM. If employer didn't file a complaint then shouldn't be a case here.

Surya is right.
In any case, it is better to follow everything that is written in the employment contract and giove no reason for a complaint. Termination before starting work is still termination and has to follow the termination requirements (notice period, penalty, etc.) agreed upon!

1 more week to 5 months of pending guys....
What should I do? Any advise? :((

You may reach out your employer if they have received any update from MoM, if not. Then you can try your luck by reaching them directly with the passport number and other details. If they don't respond then wait. Meantime, you may try other employer who has wider presence and bigger brand value in Singapore. All the best.