Best phone company for mobile data & cheap tolls

Hi

Can you save me hours of mindless internet searching?

We're moving to PP soon and I'd love to know which is the best phone company to sign up to. I use my phone a lot for emails/Google Maps so I'd love to have a decent data plan.

Having cheap tolls would also be great but I'd probably go for the data over the tolls.

Advice gratefully received - especially if you're from the phone company wanting to do me an irresistible deal. :)

ps. I also have an iPad that I'd love to be able to use over 3G but I'm wondering if I'm dreaming there. Can you get microSIMs there?

Bonjour,

Je vais essayer de répondre à tes interrogations, à ma connaissance:

Pour Téléphoner à l'étranger de Phnom Penh le Camshin (011) fonctionne très bien, Hello (016) aussi.

Pour l'internet j'utilise un forfait illimité $5 par mois, mais je ne sais pas si ce forfait est encore inscriptible il faut aller voir du coté de Mobitel (012).

Si tu accepte de payer au débit, cela ne coute pas un œil non plus Camshin (011) est tres bien avec 3,5G.

Il existe d'autre compagnie qui propose aussi des connexions pas cher mais le problème est qu'au Cambodge il est parfois très difficile voir impossible d'obtenir une inter-connexion d'une compagnie à l'autre. C'est pour cela que les hommes d'affaires ont 3, 4 parfois 5 téléphones sur eux.

En plus certains fournisseurs ne disposent pas de couverture nationale, je te conseille de limiter ton choix entre les 3 011, 012 ou 016.

Espérant t'avoir un peut éclairé.

Philippe

Hi and welcome on board snowmansam :)

I hope other members will guide you towards the best options ;)

Hi Philippe!

As you are on the English version of the forum could you please post in English so that other members can understand ? ;)

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hi snowmansam,

any luck on the research front? I'm moving to Cambodia in a couple of months as well and am interested as I work in online marketing.

one thing that I'm hoping to get is a mobile 3G USB dongle and use it in conjunction with a personal WiFi zone (such as CradlePoint) so that I can reliably use my laptop and other devices from multiple locations.

cheers
-TimTom