Filipina getting divorced and married in the US non citizen

Hey guys

I need you r help, i am an Austrian citizen and my girlfriend is Filipina.
She is married to an Filipino in the Philippines. He doesnt want to sign the annulment
as divorce is not legal in the Philippines.
So we decided to make the divorce in the US because she have a valid american Visa.

but where is the best place to do this. as we have relatives in New York they told us it takes 6 months to process the divorce.

my question is, is there any other place in the states where the process can be faster like in Las Vegas?

we are both non us citizen so when we get married i either dont know how to bring her to Austria after the wedding.

Please help us
thanks in advance

regards Christopher

Divorce entails responsibilities too.
Regards for the off-spring (if any)

Then contact lawyers/marriage bureau accross the globe and try to seek advices.
Easy to drop an email or phone them online !
We know nothing about the law procedures hence we cant really advise you but..
Goodluck anyways m8 !

Welcome to the Forum Christopher :)

Why not do it all in Austria?

Austrian law recognises three types of divorce: divorce on grounds of fault, divorce following separation for at least three years and divorce by consent. ... If the couple have been living apart for three years, either spouse may petition for divorce on the grounds that the marriage has broken down irretrievably.

Details of marriage can be found HERE

Visa information can be found HERE

Good luck

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Hey thanks very much for the fast reply,

is it really possible to file the divorce here in Austria? without his sign or papers? because she and her husband are just married for 1,5 years and he is not willing to sign the file.

oh that would be the best if we could do it here in Austria but the problem how can she come here to Austria.

We just thought about doing it in the US, because she already got an multiple US VISA

Thanks so much

what i know is that Austria is requiring a certificate of no marriage ?

Christopher,

Drop an Email to the Expatcenter in Vienna.

They will be able to give you the best answer to your situation.

[email protected]