No Objection Letter

Dear Fellow Expats,

Good day. I am currently employed in Company A under contract and work pass for 1 year.  My contract is expiring next month and I wish to seek other employment opportunities.

My colleague however already informed me that NOL is not being issued by Company A that's why he didn't leave this company. Although my HR assured me before that they do provide NOL.

What alternatives do I have in case Company A doesn't  provide me with the NOL?

Regards,
Expat

You don't need a NOC if your contract comes to a natural conclusion and you have written to the company stating that you do not wish to renew your contract.

It is only needed if a contract is being broken and an existing EP is being shortened.  Suggest you seek new employment opportunities immediately to see what your options really are.

thank you very much gravitas. I really thought that the company can prevent people who have finished the duration of their employment passes.
I had a friend who actually resigned before his 24 months pass expired and went back to philippines. MDec then actually was looking for noc letter although his pass was already cancelled.

The cancellation in the passport should be proof enough, but one of the functions of the NOC letter is for the employer to confirm the last date of employment with them. If you are writing a letter about not continuing with the company, then perhaps you can incorporate this date into the letter and even better, get the company stamp on it as their confirmation.