Need advice RM17,000 salary with pregnant wive, transportation and tax

Hi,

I got offer RM17,000/month before tax with medical insurance for me and family

Can someone tell me about how much tax for expat, Im not sure someone tell me about 25% and read another site is about 28% on 2017.

Another thing is my wive is pregnant and we gonna have baby next year, do you know estimation how much hospital cost for labor is ?

Im will be working around Asia Pacific University of technology at Bukit Jalil and it's seem there's limited public trasportation there if I check on google maps, is it better if I find second hand car or motorcycle for commuting to office everyday ?

Is my salary gonna be enough for 3 people (2adult+1infant) ?
How much estimation cost/month for water, electricity, internet, mobile plan ?

For 2017 the non-resident flat rate tax is 28%. The rate for 2018 has not been announced yet (Budget is in October).

Once tax resident, then the graduated tax rates are applied. These begin with low rates (e.g. 1-5%) and the upper-most portions of salary are taxed at higher rates (e.g. 16-24%). All the info about tax is contained on the HASIL (LHDN in Malay) website including the tax rates for different strata of salary  and deductions. Tax is worked out on annual salary then divided by 12 for monthly deduction.
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … ;bt_sequ=1

Bukit Jalil does not have a good transport system so own vehicle would be best, especially having a young family.

Cost of water, electricity, internet, mobile plan will be less than RM500 per month if you don't use a/c

Hospitalization costs vary depending on normal or otherwise delivery and the number of beds in the room. If you have a private obstetrician then those fees will be extra. Just check with the nearest hospital where you plan for the birth to take place. Take a look at your company policy to see if your family are covered. Here are some costs (including maternity) for government hospitals https://www.babycenter.com.my/a1049430/ … -hospitals Basically the delivery will be around RM3k at one. Private hospitals will charge more. This is a guestimate, but I have heard people talk about private deliveries costing around RM8-10k

The amount you spend on housing determines how far your salary stretches. But considering the average expat professional salary is around RM7-9k it puts yours in perspective. www.iproperty.com.my is one website to browse and check out properties.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your answer it's help me a lot