Tourist Visa Run - Overlapping dates , Any problems?

Hi,

My 3 month visa is running out and I want to get a new one. My current plan is to fly to Bangkok for a weekend and return to HCMC airport with and get a new Visa On Arrival.

I am in the process of getting a Letter of Approval at the moment. The thing I can't find any information on is weather there's any problem that my current VISA still has 1 more day remaining on it on the day I arrive?

Do they just put a new sticker in my passport, do they replace the old sticker? Is this something I shouldn't worry about at all?

Thank you very much,

fam11 wrote:

Hi,

My 3 month visa is running out and I want to get a new one. My current plan is to fly to Bangkok for a weekend and return to HCMC airport with and get a new Visa On Arrival.

I am in the process of getting a Letter of Approval at the moment. The thing I can't find any information on is weather there's any problem that my current VISA still has 1 more day remaining on it on the day I arrive?

Do they just put a new sticker in my passport, do they replace the old sticker? Is this something I shouldn't worry about at all?

Thank you very much,

Not sure what you mean by "1 more day remaining".

The moment you get an exit stamp at the immigration counter, that's the end of your current visa (duration of stay) .... unless it's a multi-entry visa.

Assuming that your current visa is a single-entry one, there shouldn't be any problem getting a new VoA.

All visas have a few common dates and days one should take note of.
- Date the visa is issued.
- Earliest date when you can enter the country
- Latest date before which you must enter the country
- Max duration of stay permitted from the day of your entry

Once you enter the country with an immigration stamp on your PP, the count starts for the "max duration of stay permitted" (e.g. 30 days).

You are free to exit the country after 15 days, if you want.
Once you exit, that's the end of everything related to your current visa.

For a return visit, you need a new visa ... and that's exactly what you are doing.
I think there's nothing to worry about.

senwl wrote:
fam11 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you very much,

Not sure what you mean by "1 more day remaining".

The moment you get an exit stamp at the immigration counter, that's the end of your current visa (duration of stay) .... unless it's a multi-entry visa.

Assuming that your current visa is a single-entry one, there shouldn't be any problem getting a new VoA.

My current visa is a multi-entry visa, it ends the 10th of October, My planned return day is the 9th ( the day I land in HCMC) . So, there's 1 day remaining on the old one.

Thank you very much for the clear info you've provided so far.

My current visa is a multi-entry visa, it ends the 10th of October, My planned return day is the 9th ( the day I land in HCMC) . So, there's 1 day remaining on the old one.

Now I understand your concern. Yes it's bit tricky.
I still believe there shouldn't be any problem.

You mentioned "I am in the process of getting a Letter of Approval at the moment".

You must have mentioned your Date of Entry (9th of Oct) on that application form.
In that case, the authorities are expected to know that you will still have 1 day remaining on your current multi-entry visa at the time of your fresh arrival.

If they disapprove, they shouldn't issue a new Letter of Approval in the first place .... and/or ask you to change the date of entry for the new VoA.

Once you have your LoA, you are eligible for a new VoA. (a new sticker)

Did you discuss this issue with the agent you are using for your LoA?

fam11 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you very much,

Hi
You do not specify your visa as a tourist or business visa. And it's a three month single or multiple. If so, then when you return from Bangkok you give them your new visa application. Your remaining day will be nothing

senwl wrote:

Now I understand your concern. Yes it's bit tricky.
I still believe there shouldn't be any problem.

You mentioned "I am in the process of getting a Letter of Approval at the moment".

You must have mentioned your Date of Entry (9th of Oct) on that application form.
In that case, the authorities are expected to know that you will still have 1 day remaining on your current multi-entry visa at the time of your fresh arrival.

If they disapprove, they shouldn't issue a new Letter of Approval in the first place .... and/or ask you to change the date of entry for the new VoA.

Once you have your LoA, you are eligible for a new VoA.

Did you discuss this issue with the agent you are using for your LoA?

Alright I'll just sit tight then and see if the Letter of Approval comes through, there's still time to make adjustments in case something comes up. I did ask my agent but they simply didn't respond to the question.  This agent did come well recommended though so I would hope they'd point out any red flags.

Nguyen Thao Hien wrote:

Hi
You do not specify your visa as a tourist or business visa. And it's a three month single or multiple. If so, then when you return from Bangkok you give them your new visa application. Your remaining day will be nothing

Sorry about that, so clarify: The current visa, and the visa I'm applying for, are both 3 months multi-entry tourist visas.

Please give your new visa, do not give old visa to that day. That would be wrong. Be careful at the airport as there are many people who do not know and have to pay the violation fee
good luck

fam11 wrote:

I did ask my agent but they simply didn't respond to the question.  This agent did come well recommended though so I would hope they'd point out any red flags.

Is this the same agent who arranged your previous LoA? In that case s/he must be aware of this tricky situation.
Anyway, do these agents really care about anything other than getting their hefty share (money) of the deal?  :unsure
Your LoA will come through alright. Don't worry.

Just wanted to conclude this thread and say that I had no problems at the airport. I got my visa visa on arrival without any fuss.

So overlapping multi-entry visa was no problemo for me.

Hi,

New to all this so sorry if this has been asked already.
Can you exit the country after 3 months to renew your 3 month tourist visa for as long as you want to stay in Vietnam for?
I am British and looking for long term stay Hoi An in 2019 but need to get planning now haha!
Thank you.