Help me

hi! I am new here and I am so confused in finding the right place to live. I am planning to go to TX, where my sister is currently living. I would just like to ask some of you here if living in Houston is really a liveable place? I mean I came across to the site houston spacecity.com and they do seem to have alot of good places to offer. I  read everything there and got to admit it,but I am convinced. what do you think?

Absolutely!

Don't let my desire to be an expatriate fool you, I was born and raised in Houston and I have grown to love it. It depends on the aprt of town you want to live in.

I'm currently living in a historic part and I'm paying $800 a month (all bills paid). That's a little high for rent, but it's very close to downtown. My old apartment was $525 a month and was in a safe neighborhood.

I think I used spacecity.com to get my current apartment using a leasing agent on there.

But Houston has everything- international flair, great restaraunts, plenty of outdoor venues, many festivals throughout the year, lots of great artists come in concert. I love this city. Let me know if I can help you in the future!

Chad Smith

I have been in Houston 19 yrs. The cost of living is one of the best in USA, mass transit is not the best but for the size of the city it is good. Houston has not been effected as drastically as other large cities.
Do you have a job or retired? Are you looking to rent a place or purchase?

Houston is gross, and the water that comes in from the gulf is full of hardcore polutants like corexit, from the deep water horizon oil underwater erruption. People there are very sick, but they keep watching television, and the British Petroleum commercials say, "Everything is okay, and eat the food that comes out of the water." Ever heard Americans are dumb? Well IŽm an intelligent Texan, and I stay as far from Houston as possible.