Do Norwegian men date foreign women?

i am kenyan lady and married to one

Sure, but it really only comes down to if they are attracted to you.
But it would be against most Traditional Norwegians to marry a foreigner, most Norwegians who actually do, comes from the major cities, were they are fed up with globalization. Then every were else, people are traditional.

Hey dude, Most norwegian girls... I don't think so..
But Facebook is not the place to "Pick them up".
Meet them, don't be a creep over the web, and just to put it out there, there was a rape epidemic here in Norway just 7 years ago, with black and arabic people raping Norwegian Girs.

So it have become a stereotype that they mistreat norwegian girls, but If you meet hem in person, It will just come down to how you are as a person.

what do u do in norway and what are you looking for here in norway i am from oslo

I'm confused. I met a Norwegian man on the plane and I asked for his number. I contacted him and he made an effort to change his schedule to meet me. We were only together for 12 hours but during that period of time he stared a lot, he kept on complimenting me, he paid for everything from drinks to dinner, cab etc. He'd also touch my arm or the small of my back whenever he has the chance. When we were about to part ways he had this sad look on his face and he told me it was bittersweet since the day was coming to an end. Then I sent him off to the airport he finally held my hand without saying anything. We hugged and kissed at the airport then he left. But now, he doesn't seem to keep in touch much despite the seemingly awesome time we had together. He is a very busy man though. Any thoughts? How are Norwegian men when it comes to keeping in touch? And do you think he really like me or it was just a one day thing?

You know this is the second time Ive heard someone recently mention the staring thing, I'm starting to think I must be blind to it since I've been here a while because that just seems totally weird to me hah

I'm married to a Norwegian man, his best friend is also married to an English girl and I would say 40% of his friends have had a long term relationship with someone who wasn't from Norway. Norwegians love to travel, many of them travel to go to college abroad and this of course puts them around many nationalities and I definitely wouldn't say its unusual to see, at least not where I live in Norway. Perhaps more so up North, simply because there are less immigrants but I couldn't say that with certainty.

You should not be that occupied by they outher looking, but find out if theire inside is according to it :/

I am married to a Norwegian and I can tell you that they are curious about other people but they do not talk to other people without knowing them in a daily basis.
It is really important for norwegians that they are able to trust you, before putting down their barriers... this can happen when they know you for a while, because you belong to some kind of organisation or group that they also belong to or because someone they know introduce you.. if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Dont you have his mail id or phone , ask him.

Well, yes, in  fact, for me, Norwegian men are the most handsome ones over the world, but it has been so hard to find them!

I AM SO LUCKY ITS BECAUSE I MET NORWEGIAN MEN  HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND HIS THE ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS.YEAH HE IS HANDSOME,NAUGHTY,AND HAPPY MEN IF HE DRUNK, IF NOT VERY SILENT... :)

Airplane wrote:

I'm confused. I met a Norwegian man on the plane and I asked for his number. I contacted him and he made an effort to change his schedule to meet me. We were only together for 12 hours but during that period of time he stared a lot, he kept on complimenting me, he paid for everything from drinks to dinner, cab etc. He'd also touch my arm or the small of my back whenever he has the chance. When we were about to part ways he had this sad look on his face and he told me it was bittersweet since the day was coming to an end. Then I sent him off to the airport he finally held my hand without saying anything. We hugged and kissed at the airport then he left. But now, he doesn't seem to keep in touch much despite the seemingly awesome time we had together. He is a very busy man though. Any thoughts? How are Norwegian men when it comes to keeping in touch? And do you think he really like me or it was just a one day thing?

As a Norwegian man, I can try to to explain how I feel about foreign dark skinned girls.
Since I was a little kid, I used to look in this picture books about different cultures. I was reading allot and everything fascinate me. I was reading mostly about African cultures, and I somehow fell in love with their looks and dark skin.

Since I live in a area where there wasn't many dark skin girls, it took some years before I made up my mind to look for one.
Thanks to internet, I found a site where I started my journey looking for a black girl, and one day I found her, in Kenya.
She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I was too shy to write her,cuz of her beauty,so yes, I was the kind of man who stared, but only at her photos. :D I pressed the like button on her profile and thought she wouldn't care. But the next day she wrote me a message asking me how I was doing and where I was from.
We chatted for one year before I decided to go meet her, and I left to see her for three months.

Long story short, we're married and now waiting for UDI to hurry up approving our visa. We have been waiting for 11 months now, and every day apart is so painful.

I believe there are so many Norwegian men who jas a dream like mine to one day meet the dark skinned love of their life. We love the combination of black and white, ying and yang, salt and pepper. We're in love with the exotic, the opposite of ourselves. :);)

Wow, I feel honoured my love. .Tusen takk :kiss::heart:

Hope you don't let her down one day.. and i hope you remain true to what you feel...i hope only because for any woman especially from countries like ours, and taboos and cultures which mean the world to us, and where love breaks you apart from strong cultural support system.. to be with someone who means so much when they are in love...and to be told later  that same cultures and beliefs are not up to the mark.. breaks not only your heart but also the faith in self.

I know how it feels when someone makes you believe that they love you warts and all and when you open to them and they declare t hat they no longer can stand you..is very sad..

Different cultural systems especially when they are so opposite take a lot of sacrifice and belief to sustain, i pray for both of you to be in love eternally..

My request to you- dont let her down..no matter what happens.. Norwegians are very different ..though i admire them , but i am very careful when i deal with them....

One friend of mine  , norwegian, confided in me that Indians are arrogant, fake and unethical, and they pretend to be more than what they are..

I respect him a lot, and  i believe what he says,and may be he met such kinds, but its my belief that when you cross cultural barriers, be prepared to accept the other the way they are....

My prayers for both of you..and lots of love also..
Apologies, if i sound cynical..

I can assure u, I will care for her as a proud husband should. :)

Kenyan culture isn't that far from Norwegian. There are difference, but mostly we're the same. Kenya is a Catholic country, same as Norway and both countries has same acceptance for all religion.

By staying in Kenya for three months, made me see that Kenyans are almost same as us here in Norway. They open their house and give u food and shelter, especially those who got less.
I fell in love with my wife, her country and her culture. My biggest dream is to move there one day with her when I retire. I want to grow old in the country I have fallen in love with. :)

And just to explain how much I respect culture. Since I was a kid, my parents has had a open home. There has been 37 different nations in our house, either staying or just joining us for dinner. My parents closest friends are from India, living here in Norway, working as doctors.
Also we got a girl/woman who we have been supporting trough SOS children's home since she was 10. Now she's 44 and working as a nurse in a red cross children's home in New Delhi. My mum adopted her when she met her in the children's home in Calcutta. My mum also met Mother Teresa when she visited the home. ;)

So, I hope u understand that Im a very culture adapted person. I respect all culture, and I love learning about them. If I was a very rich person, I would dedicate my life traveling the world learning more.
And also I believe I have become a more tolerant person for culture and religion since I see myself as a pagan. I respect all people and their religion, as long as their not fundamentalists.

Hope this made a different view of me as a person, and that ur worries is calmed. :)

Hi Haugan,

I am so happy with your thoughts.

I am a doctor working for preventing cervical cancers in women in India, since there is no govt programme to do so..

I am indeed happy to understand your commitment.

Bless you

and i am in new delhi

peanuts1972 wrote:

and i am in new delhi

If u know of any red cross children's homes, u could see if u can find Swati, my long distance adopted sister. :)

I will try to find her, you can help me if you know her mail id. i will surely meet her .:)

Well.. norwegian men are so full of mistery!!!!

Haha, I'm half Thai too and dating a Norwegian! Something in common, YAAY!!! xD

yes,  i am a filipina (im from the Philippines)  and is married to a norwegian guy... :)

i didnt know that "staring" is guys' way of flirting.. i usually get some stares from norwegian guys,  but i am often holding hands with my husband, so i dunno if i should count that as flirting  :P but yea, norwegian had this stare that seemed like it speaks words... i am more passionate and usually expresses my affection by touching or holding hands or hugging my husband... he wasnt used to that kind of intimacy, was extremely shy and wasnt into "public displays of affection" at all when we first met in real (we started thru online dating).. he admitted that he just learned to get used to it when he started dating me... altho back to staring, my husband have this "i-love-you" stare,  and it just melts me away..   :kiss: so i guess they can really express their feelings just by staring ;)

but i am awfully interested about the norwegian dating behaviour Airplane had mentioned.. any norwegian who can share their thoughts about it?

Airplane wrote:

me too

Glad I found this blog since I am, as I read many of you are, questioning when it comes to Norwegian men attracted to foreign women. And that is because I find Norwegian men very attractive.
I am actually trying to learn Norwegian (notice I said ¨trying¨, because it is extremely difficult) and hopefully I will be travelling to the country soon.
I am from Uruguay and has been a few years since I took a particular interest in the culture but never really considered the idea of going to Norway until a while ago.
I´m happy to read that THEY ARE in fact, despite the cultural differences that may appear, open to be in relationships with foreign women.
I hope my language will improve enough to meet people and be able to make friends, both male and female, on my stay there. Who knows....I might decide to stay there longer than a vacation. =)

I live as an Expat on an Island in South Korea. There is a large Norwegian and French population present. I have seen a few interracial couples particularly among the Norwegians. From what I've observed here,  Norwegian men tend to be attracted to the exotic kind (meaning Koreans, Filipinos, Thai, Malaysians etc) but of course, as mentioned previously by others, any attractive woman catches their eye! :-)

I found this particular topic rather interesting and have gained insight into the subject matter. Thank you  ;)

MellieK wrote:

I live as an Expat on an Island in South Korea. There is a large Norwegian and French population present. I have seen a few interracial couples particularly among the Norwegians. From what I've observed here,  Norwegian men tend to be attracted to the exotic kind (meaning Koreans, Filipinos, Thai, Malaysians etc) but of course, as mentioned previously by others, any attractive woman catches their eye!

There seems to be a very casual approach to interracial relationships in Norway, just as there is in most of the Caribbean where I live. I've gained that impression from annual visits to southern Norway to visit our son and his family. It's all very democratic.

Beautydolly wrote:

Well, yes, in  fact, for me, Norwegian men are the most handsome ones over the world, but it has been so hard to find them!

Beautydolly you must come to Geoje Island in South Korea. Many Norwegian expats live and work here. There is even a Norwegian church which is basically a 'club' for the Norwegian community. They hold a few events during the year trying to bring the Scandinavian community together. :-)

MellieK wrote:

Beautydolly you must come to Geoje Island in South Korea. Many Norwegian expats live and work here. There is even a Norwegian church which is basically a 'club' for the Norwegian community. They hold a few events during the year trying to bring the Scandinavian community together.

Wikipedia tells me the island has a big ship-building industry. That explains all the Norskies living there, I guess! I'd never even heard of the place before.

Yes I totally agree with you Gordon it's all about demographics! You are correct about Geoje Island. In fact it has two major ship building yards - DSME (Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering & SHI (Samsung Heavy Industries). Norwegian companies such as Seadrill and Statoil have projects based here and hence a lot of personnel from these companies are Norwegian.

Yes, They do

I have had some rare experiences while living here. At first it seemed that dating me was novel for some men then as we got serious it seemed things would change a bit and the culture differences would start to shine through I have had better luck on dating sites and clubs in Norway that way you can get to know better what someone is after. One of my favorites has been Firstdating.club it has led me to my current relationship and we are going strong now for almost a year. There are many but this one gives you great options and lets people know up front what to expect. Good luck to all you happy people out there dating in Norway!!!

I was so glad that i found this blog, so it was true that norwegian guy was a little bit shy because i had a friend from norway  we didn't meet yet, but we are communicating through facebook and snapchat only :) i found him as a good looking and a nice guy but he didn't speak much, he don't want also to talk over the phone, he told me that he don't want that kind of thing because he feels shy, based on what you had guys post here now i know that one of the guy norwegian characteristics :)

But that is so weird.... Because Norwegians can be shy, but not like that.. maybe they are sort of cauptious... Be careful because for sure that man you are talking to is a scammer and thats why he doesnt want to talk to you by phone because his accent would tell you whats him by real... for sure, he doesnt want to see you by cam... ouch...

I will be careful thank you,I already saw him but in photo's only he keeps on sending me we are communicating for 7 months, i tried to called him once but he don't like to answer it because he told me he feels shy, i don't know if that's the only reason why he don't want.

Very naive.. you.... use cam... if not, its a scammer...  nobody who cant use a cam its because its not what he is telling he is!!!

Well.. anyways... most handsome men in the world are in Norway!!!  💘💗💟💙😘😍😊😉

I do not know... I'm from Spain but now I'm living Turkey. I want to Learn Norwegian and I tried to speak some guys who come from Norway but They are not welcomed people at all. They are so weird I think :D

melisa.igjen wrote:

I do not know... I'm from Spain but now I'm living Turkey. I want to Learn Norwegian and I tried to speak some guys who come from Norway but They are not welcomed people at all. They are so weird I think :D

Hahaha... we are not wird... not to much... just a little hahahhaha.

But honestly.. You are right.
In general we are a wird kind of people.
But we also come in all types. :)

Ohhh
.. yes... I am Norwegian  ;)

I like Norwegian! But they are so shy! How should I date with them? Lol