Taiwan's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Taiwan? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Taiwan's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Taiwan would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What are the most expensive cities to live in Taiwan?
- I think is Taipei, but here is very convenient, almost every area you  can find your life needs without take transportation.

What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?
- Here rent is per month around 8,000 to 15,000 NTD, and a meal about 80 to 150, so 2,500 per week I think is fine, include you can buy some drink some time.

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?
- Taipei is a no night city, you can find fun in the whole time, you can find any kind Cafe shop in the morning, many kind food on lunch and dinner, many kind bar in the midnight.

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?
- yes, Taichung, the rent around 6,000 to 15,000, you can find more cheaper food in there, but now there rise already so you need patience to looking for. and living in Taichung you most need a car,
because there so big, waiting for bus is so waste time.

Which cities in Taiwan would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?
- Haha for long way I will choose Taipei, and for travel I will go Tainan and Hualien see around there have beautiful view, beautiful place and beautiful people, haha but I thought almost the Taiwan people is friendly.

Andy for replay, hope you will enjoy here. :-)
and need trip.