Qatar's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Qatar? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Qatar's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Qatar would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla,
In view of the matter in deliberation, i would like to respond on my personal observation and having resided in Doha, AlKhor and presently Alwukair.

What are the most expensive cities to live in Qatar? = Doha
What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.? = Is much higher in Doha compare to Alkhor and Alwukair.

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals? lifestyle differs based on personality, some experts like me love country side more than urban city like Doha. Some experts that love high boisterious and energetic environment would opt for Doha.

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas? In terms of affordability i would recommend Alwukair or Alkhor.

Do you have any experience living in any of Qatar's most expensive cities? What was it like? For me rent in Doha is really expensive for a family person.

Which cities in Qatar would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?= In terms of cost of living is relatively more effective at places like Alkhor and Alwukair.

As of now Doha, It will be cheaper after the metro is built as it becomes easier for people to travel to Doha to work so move outside Doha. Roads will not so congested and depending on train fairs Taxi will not be necessary for small distances

Hi iam from Tamilnadu.INDIA , living in Al-thumama,
What are the most expensive cities to live in Qatar? No doubt its  Doha only.
What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.? = Is much higher in Doha compare to Al-wakra,Al-Wukair and Alkhor.

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals? lifestyle differs based on theri nationality culture and also personality, some expats are just changing their culture according to the situations and some other dosen't want to change they are not even coming to mall and movies also just they are relaxing in parks.

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?
those like their nature following on beaches and  In terms of affordability i would recommend Al-wakra or Alkhor.

Do you have any experience living in any of Qatar's most expensive cities? What was it like?
For me house rent and also for dining out also in Doha is really expensive for a family person like me.

Which cities in Qatar would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?
For cost of living is relatively more effective at places like Al-wakra,Alkhor and Alwukair.

Whatsapp me plz

Hello Priscilla,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Qatar? There aren't really cities in Qatar but the closer you get to the Corniche or city, the more expensive the places tend to be

What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.? I have not had to pay utilities yet but I've heard they are around 300 QAR a month.  My rent is around 2500 USD/mth.  I am vegan so I tend to shop weekly for fresh produce and I usually spend around 2000 QAR or 552 USD for 2 people.  If you like dining out, there are many choices.  The Entertainer App is very handy as it offers BOGO deals.

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals? The locals tend to stay to themselves in my experience. Expats stick together.  The lifestyle is spoiled. lol

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?  Everything looks basically the same, sandy.  It's the desert. Except for the Corniche, which is like a boardwalk along the sea.  The more affordable areas are the less developed areas.

Do you have any experience living in any of Qatar's most expensive cities? What was it like? Refer to the first answer. I live in Bin Omran.  I like it here.  It is relatively close to everything that Doha has to offer.