Jobs and local stores in Samana

Hello everyone my name is Biko and I plan to move to d.r in jan. I am planning on moving. To samana my lady is looking forward to seeing me again and basically spending some time together. However i do not want to relay on her.she likes to help  but i want  get a job out there inam from ny. How much will 10,000 last me? I know there are apartment  400 and up but i if get an apartment for 150 and fix it up myself i will do  it. By way thanks to anyone who answers me i would really appreciate  it

Yes call centers or housekeeping  if available. Do they have call centers near samana? What about hotels

What up everyone  i wanted to know if i can get call center or housekeeping  jobs in Samana dominican republic. Plus how difficult is to get citizenship. I  read that  d.r works with Americans well

Hi Beecks54,

I have gathered your postings on this thread so that members get to see all the information you provided.

I would suggest you to drop a detailed advert along with your cv in the dedicated section of the website, Jobs in Dominican Republic. If an opportunity arises, you will be directly contacted.

All the best,
Bhavna

Oh  you are in for a rough ride. Do lots of research here and elsewhere before you make a final move.  You need your cedula and residency before you can work here legally.  Also know that pay is very low with most housekeepers earning between $200 to $250 a month with NO benefits.  Call centers a bit more.
As to $10,000 lasting you it will depend on your life style and how fast your girlfriend can spend it.  I would be amazed if it lasted you 5 months.

Bob K

Forgot to ask... Do you speak fluent Spanish????

Bob K

Ok I know when i reach there I would have to work on my documents as soon as possible. However  i do not party  like that and neither there my lady. Im just going have to worry about food, medical, and getting a job

Yes you need residencia and a cedula to work. No there are no call centers in and around samana. And you  have unreasonable expectations.   An apt for  US 400 is reasonable, don't think about finding anything you would want to live in for US 150.  Fix it up......LOL  no honey it is not likely to work that way.

No problem getting girls or apartments, but you probably won't be able to get ANY job. It's not even realistic.  You're $10k will probably last you half a year only.

So it would be better for me to live in puerto plata?

So  im asking which place has the best chance for me to get a job sosua, puerto  plata, santiago, or santo domingo?

None of those places, you are unrealistic about getting a job.  Even IF you got one, the pay would only be about $200/month.  Do you think you could live on that?

Beecks....as BobK and Planner have stated, it would be several YEARS before your residency/cedula are available to you (it must be started in the US as you are from NY and can cost thousands of dollars from what I've read on here). 

So there is no moving to the DR and just "getting a job".

Ok then i just build up my business  on instagram. I knownit was rough but damn i wasnt looking for top job.Just asking a question.
You got a job there

Thousanfs of dollars nha that too much i continue building my business account on instagram and work up here. Hell no that too much.

No I am still researching how to move there from the US (so I've read many posts on here).......I will need to make money while I live there as I as do not have a retirement fund to live off.

I have looked into virtual assistant work online. I've also been researching getting certified as a medical transcriptionist before making the move, and then could choose to "work from home" for US doctors .

I love when people give incorrect information. It does not take years and the average wage in  a call center isnt 200.

So. Lets get some facts. Once you apply for residencia yiu are then eligible to work. You can get a job with your file number.  There are some call centers in puerto plata, lots in Santiago and a huge amount in Santo Domingo. Average starting wage is US 500  a month. You can make 800 to 1000 fairly easily.

Sorry for my part in the misinformation - I just read back through the original post for Residencia - started in 2014 - that is now 9 pages long.

Maybe an updated/new post on this topic could help us newbies??

I think in part I was confused between starting with the temporary residencia process....and getting your cedula (that happens with permanent residencia, correct)?

Okay no worries. An update can happen.

You get your cedula with your very first residencia. Once completed you get your residencia card and then you go get your cedula.

One of the questions I have for you is, you state that you plan on moving to Samana but does that mean the peninsula or does that mean the city of Samana? If you're referring to the peninsula where on the peninsula and have you been there before? I too at one point in time thought that the city of Samana might be a good choice for me and my husband, but that was before we visited there. It was at that time that I realized that the city of semana was not ever going to be a place that I would probably live. So if you have not been there I would suggest you visit before you do any moving.