Dining on the North Coast - Sosua/Caberete

Hello Everyone

I would like a few recommendations in the Sosua and Caberete area for favourite dining spots. We love all types  of food and have enjoyed Arsenio's, Vagamundo, Gorditos and Caberete Surf camp. It would be great to get few fav spots from those who know the area. Thank you to all who have posted info, expat.com has been invaluable!

Marty/Heather

Bliss in Cab is pretty good when the owner is cooking and not bad when he is not. Good wine selection. Good atmosphere. I love the lamb there

Ok for Sosua
el Conde (across from Bon Ice cream)...our favorite
Prada el Choco which is on the main highway
Britannia good kind of Pub food and lots of Expats hang out here as well as good tourist  crowd.  Many times during season they will have live music.

Cabaret
Favorite but $$$ Bliss (romantic as well)
Aqua Azul
Chinese Restaurant on the main street
Papi's on the beach... $$ but the best lobster and shrimp in special sauce.  Served in a large Pan.  You will need extra bread to soak up the sauce

There are others.  All depends on price

BObK

In Sosua, many low yo medium priced places. Spankys , at the bottom of Dr Rosen St. Bar food, breakfast & lunches.  Decent portions & quality. 50 yards up the hill is Don Andres, dutch run & to me a great place for breakfast, lunch & dinner. friday nights B-B-Q.   Chris at George's Oasis Bar serves breakfast & lunch, daily specials. Good food & you can't beat the prices. It's up the hill from Supra Pola, near the Trade Winds. Try any of the small local places you would normally pass buy. You find some great local food.  More to come.

Thank you Astray, Bob and Tinker for the recommendations. We will endeavour to try them all in the coming months!