Moving to South Africa

Hi Guys,

I'm Victoria and I'm looking at moving to Cape Town in 2018. I'm currently employed working and a financial analyst for my local council in North Yorkshire England.
Firstly I'm looking at studying over there. I'm currently doing a Marine Biology course alongside my work so would like to follow that with further education in Cape Town.
Any help or advice about moving over there would be hugely appreciated. I'm relying solely on the internet for help as I'm doing this alone and need to know the right questions to ask.

Are there any English expats living or studying  over there that wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi.
Im glad to help with anything.
What would you. like to know

Hi Victoria,

What a great thing to do. I have lived in Cape Town for over 7 years. I left some years ago because my visa expired. I came back on holidays and relocated a second time - this city has such a captivating magical power! I personally love this city and have found it easy to live here on my own with no support, knowing nobody here at first. I am a travel blogger and have shared my adventures in this city on my blog, but feel free to reach out for any questions you need to ask. I'll be delighted to help you.

Ciao,
Beatrice

Hi Victoria,

I studied at the University of Cape Town last year and (fingers crossed) returning soon on my Spouse Visa with Study Endorsement to undertake a Masters at UCT.
Let me know if you have questions and hopefully I'll be able to help!
Katy

Hi and welcome Victoria!

Not sure how much of assistance I can be. I am American, that's almost and Englishman :) I have only been in Cape Town inside of a month, however, please feel free to bounce anything you wish off of me. It would be my pleasure to respond. Because I am new, I plan jaunts around the city each evening as I love to explore. There are differently districts which should not be ventured into. I am currently here for one year working as a contract engineer for the Rio Tinto Group (mining corporate).

Cheers,

Hamish