Where to buy

Anyone know where I can buy the below
cooking measuring tools as in cup half cup teaspoon table spoon ect
Bread flour rye and whole wheat
Instant Yeast
Any help will be appreciated
TGC

The cooking school and store in HCM has all that stuff.

thanks do you have the address please

I knew you were going to ask that. I am an idiot, I only know how to drive there. Well lets try this. The international store down by the sailing tower has most things like that, The baking section is upstairs in both stores. If you do not see it ask, they can find it. Stuff ius stacked so tight and w/o much order it can sometimes be hard. Do you know where that is. If not I can PM you the address.

Sorry but I do not know Saigon I live close to Dalat and do not get to Saigon much but am going in the morning So any address will be appreciated

Ngoc Thu has every kitchen tool anyone has ever needed: 246 Cach Mang Thang Tam, Q3.
They ship, if you order online: http://www.khuonbanh.com/en/catalog/ms/Measuring_cup

I believe Crumbs Bakery sells flour and yeast:  64 Le Van Thiem, Q7

Global Milling produces all kinds of flour in their factory in Ba Ria, near Vung Tau.  They have a location in Saigon, but I've never been there and I'm not sure if it's an office or a store.

Thank you great info

Anyone know where I can get some cloth dye in Saigon? I need to dye a pair of jogging pants that got bleached.

Ought, that may be tough. I doub the dye will take evenly. But if you tell me what color I will try to but on Amazon or somewhere else in tge USA and get it to you. That or you can order in the US and have it shipped Tommy shipper and I will have it shipped over

Diazo wrote:

Ought, that may be tough. I doub the dye will take evenly. But if you tell me what color I will try to but on Amazon or somewhere else in tge USA and get it to you. That or you can order in the US and have it shipped Tommy shipper and I will have it shipped over

Thanks Diazo! I can get it shipped over, but i was hoping to pick some up in Q1 next time I'm in the centre.

I saw at least a dozen adverts from Lexing, touting their dyes as the best quality and available everywhere.  Don't know if it's true or not.   

• 11/3E Ấp 1, xã Xuân Thới Thượng, Hóc Môn
• (08) 62598698
• email: [email protected]

You can also use natural dyes (spices, plants, etc.) instead of commercial/chemical ones.  I'm not into making a mess, so if I were in need of dyeing my clothing, I would simply take it to the dyers and let them do the work.

Thu Nga, 1170A Phạm Thế Hiển, Q8
Binh Minh, 215 Trần Thị Cờ, Q12
Hồng Thúy Điệp, 69A Trần Phú, Q5
Kim Châu 533 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Q3
Ngọc Châu 519 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Q3
Minh Thạch 69A Trần Phú, Q5
Quỳnh, 267 Phan Văn Trị, Q Bình Thạnh

Many dry cleaners and seamstresses are also dyers.  Look for the word "nhuộm" on the list of services or on the sign.

@TGC:  Global Milling may have a location in Da Lat where you can buy their flours and such.

Their website:  http://cj-sc.vn/en
Their products:  http://cj-sc.vn/en/trang-san-pham

Gosh Ciambella you are a walking textbook of knowledge. Hope you keep your services available. on here. We once had a fell that knew everything about everything and he moved on. I need to start an address book with all the great info you provide. Doubt I will ever have the desire to dye or have dyed anything, but you never know.

I DO NOT know many, many, many things, Diazo.  It 's just that I read constantly and sometimes, I retain the info that I read, or know where to find them again.

Some of those info might be out of date though.

Well girl, I hate to break it to yo this way, but that is how many people learn a lot of things. They tell me in many universities they require you to read to learn also. Maybe there is some truth to it. No wonder I am so dumb. I need to learn how to read. I tease you. Well it is sure nice to have you around. Maybe you can start a side business as a consultant to all of us Western expat on VN. My problem is I can find a lot of things and know a lot of places to go get what I need. But for the life of me I can not remember a VNese street name to save my soul. My wife would never help me learn Vnese, so that did not help. But now that I can have friends they are teaching me a lot of Vietnamese words. I can even say daddy now in Vnese!!!!   ;=)

Ciambella wrote:

I saw at least a dozen adverts from Lexing, touting their dyes as the best quality and available everywhere.  Don't know if it's true or not.   

• 11/3E Ấp 1, xã Xuân Thới Thượng, Hóc Môn
• (08) 62598698
• email: [email protected]

You can also use natural dyes (spices, plants, etc.) instead of commercial/chemical ones.  I'm not into making a mess, so if I were in need of dyeing my clothing, I would simply take it to the dyers and let them do the work.

Thu Nga, 1170A Phạm Thế Hiển, Q8
Binh Minh, 215 Trần Thị Cờ, Q12
Hồng Thúy Điệp, 69A Trần Phú, Q5
Kim Châu 533 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Q3
Ngọc Châu 519 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Q3
Minh Thạch 69A Trần Phú, Q5
Quỳnh, 267 Phan Văn Trị, Q Bình Thạnh

Many dry cleaners and seamstresses are also dyers.  Look for the word "nhuộm" on the list of services or on the sign.

Magic! Thanks Ciambella!