Received my Citizenship verification! (I think!)

bande11 wrote:

Hi Randy,

May I ask - do you know if your application was put forward for ‘Verification of Citizenship' THEN ‘Birth Registration'?

I submit my application in May 2016 and am yet to be given a decision, however I was told back in August 2017 my case had then been forwarded for Birth Registration...

Just trying to gather if it's looking promising for me!

Thanks and also congrats on receiving yours.

Hey guys - sorry to bother but just wondering if anyone has an idea on my previous post?

I appreciate most of you have had experience first hand, so I am hoping for some clarity!

Thanks

bande11 wrote:

Hey guys - sorry to bother but just wondering if anyone has an idea on my previous post?

First of all, never a bother. Ask as many questions as you wish, as often as you wish.

But... You are asking a question regarding Hungarian bureaucracy.  The answer there is: Nobody can say. The bureaucracy here will take exactly as long as it takes. No less. No more. What that time frame is, however, is unknown. You just have to wait. Patients is a virtue in most places. But in Hungary, it is a requirement.

klsallee wrote:
bande11 wrote:

First of all, never a bother. Ask as many questions as you wish, as often as you wish.

But... You are asking a question regarding Hungarian bureaucracy.  The answer there is: Nobody can say. The bureaucracy here will take exactly as long as it takes. No less. No more. What that time frame is, however, is unknown. You just have to wait. Patients is a virtue in most places. But in Hungary, it is a requirement.

Many thanks for your kind message! It does appear to be that way, doesn't it? It's been 20 months and still nothing. I am hoping that it is a good sign if I haven't heard - it must mean some cogs are in motion. I know regarding Simplified Naturalization there is a law that process time of an individual case must not exceed 21 months. I wonder if this also applies to Verification of Citizenship?

I have had to piece together things from different websites to gain an understanding of just how the processing period words. I am hoping that I indeed have been granted my citizenship and hence why my case was forwarded months ago to have my birth (which was outside of Hungary) be registered. It's very tedious the whole process.

I applied in August and have yet to hear anything. I was given an estimate of 8 months to a year so don't expect a respeonse until march at the earliest.

marklivesinla wrote:

I applied in August and have yet to hear anything. I was given an estimate of 8 months to a year so don't expect a respeonse until march at the earliest.

Is this for Verification of Citizenship? I applied in May 2016 and still haven't heard anything. Going on 20 odd months now. Hoping you'll have some more luck!

Hi, yes, verification. Of course I submitted all the other forms such as registration of birth etc., also.

My father was born in Budapest and I was able to submit pretty comprehensive documentation as well as a copy of his recently expired Hungarian passport which may result in faster processing. (Or not! Who knows!)

However, in your case I would say that no news is good news as it seems they have reason to keep digging rather than reject you, at least so far. Given the fact that it's your grandparents it may be slower looking at older records and ensuring there was no break in their citizenship prior to our birth.

Hang in there and make occasional enquiries to the embassy where you made your submission.

Wishing you luck.

The birth registration that Randy is speaking of is subsequent to verification of citizenship. Once the government has established that you are Hungarian, they need to register your birth be at in Hungary or elsewhere.

They will use the birth certificate you provided when being verified as the basis upon which to create their own registration of your birth.

I just received my verification also. The only issue is that the government cannot issue a Hungarian passport until after the birth has been registered. You will not necessarily receive a birth certificate. It is simply the case that the birth must be registered because you are a Hungarian citizen, and hungry registers the birth of its citizens abroad, just as many other nations  I just receive my verification also. The only issue is that the government cannot issue a Hungarian passport until after the birth has been registered. You will not necessarily receive a birth certificate.

I was told by the Hungarian consulate where I am that I am welcome to apply for a Hungarian passport now that I have been verified. They mention however that I will not be issued the pass port until the birth registration is complete. This can take a month or two or three.

It is simply the case that the birth must be registered because you are a Hungarian Citizen, and Hungary registers the birth of its citizens abroad, just as many other nations to. do.