Consider moving to Paskitan

Hi All
I live with my pakistani husband and son i England . We do think to move to Pakistan in few years time.
How is the life there for active, energetic women who would like to caryy on her career in managment?
I would prefer Rawalpindi or Islamabad.
Is it difficult to find a job for decent money?
Lokking forward to hear from all of you.

Hi and welcome on board ivoneka :)

I hope others will share some infos that will help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi and welcome to Pakistan. If your an English female you could find job with an International school here, there are many schools who are looking for expats with a strong command of English. Islamabad would be a good place to live but any other place such as Lahore would be fine. There are many expats living here from overseas so no worries. Yes its little different but once you get to know people you would be fine. Have fun.

hi i moved to pakistan with my husband and son almost a year ago, i lived in england all my life and do not adjust easily to change. i had trouble getting used to life over here but after 3-4 months i really started to enjoy life here... my son adjusted well and getting around islamabad i saw that there are many foreigners here too... if you do move to pakistan i suggest you move to islamabad or islamabad bahria town its very secure and most foreigners are here, im sure you would love it life is very relaxed and you can really enjoy yourself... with regards to work i cant help as i am a housewife and look after my children, although i do know that the pay in pakistan is not as good as uk and the most profitable source of income is if you do buisness...

Alyssa thank you for your continued practical inputs on life in Islamabad. I see you have a balanced approach about experiences that help in depicting a closer to reality picture for the rest. More power to you. I can certainly appreciate that when most are just ready to generalize their experiences mostly in the negative sense. Cheers for keeping it real.

Hi GentlemanEnough,

Please note that Alyssa posted this some times back, and she might no more be active on the site.

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Thanks David. I know but my intent was to record my thoughts on this string since many more will view it like I did. Thanks for the consideration though. CHeers.

well well, Islamabad is one of the most safest cities in Pakistan. You dont need to worry about anything at all , trust me. Just little bit guidance or tips , and you are good to go ;) . Well, as far as jobs are concern, its upto your qualifications and the demanded field of work. If you have some unique skills, then you can get a good job with great salary packages, like those in UN, WWF, Government sector and embassies. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :-)

Hi..moving to Pakistan at this time is not a good idea.seriously..although terrorist attacks and other threats are undercontrol.still it is not a land of opportunities..apart from this economic crisis people here aré friendly and will make you feel at home.so best of luck.if I. Pakistan you need any kind of help we would love to help you out

Well, considering the situation nowadays, I would say that things are getting better day by day concerning security. However employment opportunities are very low and most Pakistani people are trying to move out of the country in search of a better living.
Apart from that, Pakistan is a wonderful country to live in. The people are extremely friendly and helpful. I have known far many people who are well settled in other parts of the world mostly in well developed countries but they really miss Pakistan. Hope things may get better in all fields and Pakistan may become a living heaven.