Looking for expat experiences in Rabigh Saudi Arabia

Hi,

I am from Mumbai- India. We are currently considering an offer from an oil and gas company and if all goes well, will be moving to Rabigh very soon from Mumbai. I have tried looking for information related to Rabigh city all over the internet however i realized there is not much data about the city and what you should be prepared for when shifting to Rabigh in the recent times. I have listed my questions below in pointers and hope to get some proper feedback/answers for the same.

* What is the bachelor's and family accommodation status price and facility wise in Rabigh and KAEC?
* Is KAEC more "westernized" than Rabigh?
*How much time before you get your Iqama?
*Does the city have stores and markets to meet your basic daily needs?
* Will living in Jeddah city and commuting to Rabigh daily be any good?
*How is the weather in Rabigh? Extreme heat and cold at nights?
*Do we have to absolutely rent a car (since i think you cant own a car?) to get around the city?
* Are there taxis, buses for public transportation?
*What is according to you is a decent income to live in Rabigh with much lavishness?
*What is the preferred way to rent houses? Via brokers, real estate agents or look for it online?
*Do we have expat compounds in Rabigh where i can rent a house?
*Rent payment is bi-yearly or annually?
*Anything else that i should know other than all of the above?

Any input from you regarding this is welcome.

Regards,
Liji

Hi Liji,

I don't know the city you are moving to but I can give you a few answers that I hope u ll find helpful

* What is the bachelor's and family accommodation status price and facility wise in Rabigh and KAEC?
* Is KAEC more "westernized" than Rabigh?
*How much time before you get your iqama
Your husband s iqama will take time as per yours and your children if any will take literally 10 minutes once you get your medical check and have all paper work

*Does the city have stores and markets to meet your basic daily needs?
* Will living in Jeddah city and commuting to Rabigh daily be any good?
*How is the weather in Rabigh? Extreme heat and cold at nights?
*Do we have to absolutely rent a car (since i think you cant own a car?) to get around the city?
Once you have an iqama you can buy a car
* Are there taxis, buses for public transportation?
No public transportation per say, you only have taxis and uber
*What is according to you is a decent income to live in Rabigh with much lavishness?
*What is the preferred way to rent houses? Via brokers, real estate agents or look for it online?
Definitely look online
*Do we have expat compounds in Rabigh where i can rent a house?
*Rent payment is bi-yearly or annually?
The contract is usually annual but you pay every 6 months up front of course
*Anything else that i should know other than all of the above?

Good luck with everything

Cheers

Thanks a lot!! Our move will be into Rabigh.

Hello Liji,

I am Shabeer from Bangalore. I will be moving to Rabigh next month and have exactly same set of questions that you have asked couple of years back. I hope you have moved to Rabigh by now you and is  in a position to answer these questions, would you be able to help with the same set information please (all that you've asked are relevant to me as well)?
I am also keen to consider staying in KAEC and your guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi. Yes. Have you moved already? I am in India while husband is in Rabigh.

@kpshabeer I am Shabeer from . I will be moving to Rabigh next month and have exactly same set of questions that you have asked couple of years back. I hope you have moved to Rabigh by now you and is  in a position to answer these questions, would you be able to help with the same set information please (all that you've asked are relevant to me as well)?

I am also keen to consider staying in KAEC and your guidance would be highly appreciated.

Hello Jigar Rathod,

Welcome on board !

Please consider opening your own thread on the forum as the message of kpshabeer is from 2019. He hasn't logged to the website since.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi a ma moving to rabigh and I wanted to know general things about rabigh help me out