Marriage permission in Saudi Arabia

Asalamu Alaykum, I am an American Muslim currently residing in Kansas City, Missouri. I met my husband a year ago in Kansas City, Missouri while he was here at university studying. Four months ago he proposed to me before he left to go home to Saudi Arabia. He has begun our paperwork in regards to being granted permission to marry a non-saudi national i.e myself.
   I have read MANY stories online about how long the process may take and the fact that we may need connections or money to get the marriage approved. Which fortuantely are two things we definitely have (connections and money) a few of his family members have governmental jobs. The marriage permission application goes through MOI (Ministry of Interior) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Fortunately for our case my husband works for the MOI (Ministry of interior) in Sakaka, Al Jawf.
   My question lies here is there a way that possibly his position with MOI may help speed up our process in getting permission to marry. We have looked aimlessly at ways for me to visit but it is seemingly impossible until our paperwork has been completed. Should I contact MOI in Riyadh to ask this question whilst providing out reference number for the submitted information.
Our process with the paperwork has just begun and I have read SO MUCH online that worries me but INSHALLAH his position with MOI may put us in an easier situation than the others that I have read about. Asking for advice if you know anything about this topic.

Shukran,
MaSalamah

Reading your post all seemed to be moving well until I read he works for MOI. In this case it is normally forbidden to marry a foreigned (MOI, MOFA and military permanent staff) unless they get approval by the King or maybe the Emir of the local area which of course could be possible. Otherwise he has first to resign and then start the application process.

You cannot call MOI to follow up on the case as officially you are still considered unrelated to him- only his immediate male family (brothers, father, etc) can follow up as his case will be anyhow under process in the male section.You can try to call though and see for yourself (if you get someone to speak English).

There is an online MOI link though I believe (your husband should know) that you can put the reference number and it will tell you the basics (eg. under process).

Wishing you good luck :)

P.S. You can definitely visit but not as a wife. You can visit if they know someone that has some sort of business to issue for you a bussiness visit visa, eg. as a consultant....this is the simplest.

Personally I would not marry ANYONE if I had never visited his country at least once to see the place and where I am moving too.....I mean I would not even move anywhere for even a simple job contract if I had not visited the company at least once before I sign....Nevertheless this is just me.....

Hello!

I am in the same situation, my boyfriend is Saudi and I'm latin muslim. I just converted after exhausting research I did by myself and all this by my own will and decision.
However, we want to get married, we have been in a relationship for 3 years a lil bit more. My boyfriend is living in Saudi and we want to start our life together in Saudi for several reasons (I live in Mexico)
He has his job, and we both are 25 almost 26.

We have no idea from where to star. We know we have to submit a request for marriage approval.

----Can someone share the the link ?
(since we have been looking where to submit the information and we haven't found where exactly to submit it)

---What kind of information do we need?

---How long the process takes?

Thanks in advance for your time of reading  my post and answers!!! Hope you guys can help us!!!