How have you dealt with the earthquake

Just wanted to shout out to those of you more directly impacted by the quake. I know any city near Mexico city and Guadalajara have to have been impacted.

How are you ?

Mexico city was 8.2 I slept through it.  My dog was barking very loud according to my wife.
The night before we had extreme rain fall main roads in the low area looking like the Amazon river.

gaby/allan wrote:

Mexico city was 8.2 I slept through it.  My dog was barking very loud according to my wife.
The night before we had extreme rain fall main roads in the low area looking like the Amazon river.

But you are ok and that is the important part, now just get ready for Katia when she gets done with Veracruz. There will likely be a lot more water. Stay safe.

Even though the epicenter was in the Pacific Ocean, we felt it in the Veracruz hills. A full minute of gentle rocking woke me about midnight, A friend called from Xalapa, and my current house guest came in to talk for a while. It was some time before I got back to sleep, but no harm done. I'm a bit more anxious about the hurricane scheduled for the weekend, even though I live in an area with spectacular drainage (there's a ravine a two blocks away) I'm not so sure what a high wind will do. Right now it's raining, and has been for at least 24 hours.

Babs G. wrote:

Even though the epicenter was in the Pacific Ocean, we felt it in the Veracruz hills. A full minute of gentle rocking woke me about midnight, A friend called from Xalapa, and my current house guest came in to talk for a while. It was some time before I got back to sleep, but no harm done. I'm a bit more anxious about the hurricane scheduled for the weekend, even though I live in an area with spectacular drainage (there's a ravine a two blocks away) I'm not so sure what a high wind will do. Right now it's raining, and has been for at least 24 hours.

Yeah, that will be a big issue with katia, she is carrying a lot of water. I'm glad you are safe Babs, make sure you are well stocked and have good flashlights, because as you know it is not over yet. Thanks for checking in.

I am in ajijic sorry I didn't know there was a earthquake, hope everyone is all right. I'm from California I probably slept through it. Also lived in Florida wouldn't want to do the hurricane again either. I have been through a 7 earthquake and a 2 hurricane and wouldn't want to do it again. Stay safe