Work Visit Rejected by Saudi Embassy

I got my Work Visit visa rejected by Saudi Embassy this morning. From what  I understand after having a long conversation with Etimad folks is that there are two Type of Work Visit Visas (a) By Invitation (which I already have) & (b) Online Visa. Online Visa is something which companies issue for high-profile people such as CEOs, director etc.

The company which is offering me a job does not have Resident Visa available at this moment that is why they issued the work visit Visa for time being until I get resident Visa.

It may take a while for the employer to get the quota of resident Visa.

So what are my options now? Any valuable feedback is much appreciated.

You explained the whole scenario but not your question.

You might be asking what to do in this scenario. Well, it's not uncommon for people to come on business visa here on temporary basis. It has it's limitations. I am not experienced in it but probably you can get it for 90 days max. There is also some clause which you can use to extend it by exiting the border and then come back again in Saudia. People generally use Bahrain border using King Fahad Causeway.

I am sure, more senior, experienced and expert people will help you here in exact details in next posts.

Thanks for jotting down the pros and cons of Working Visit Visa.

But I believe I explicitly asked, what are my options when  Working Visit Visa (Company issued the Invitation letter ) was rejected and Saudi Embassy is asking for Online Working Visit Visa. Like I said earlier I may not be able to get Online Visa as it is issued to High Profile positions such CEOs and Directors etc

It may take a  while to get the Resident Visa ( I believe 3-4 months or may be more).

Is there any interim solution or do I have to wait another 3-4 months?

On your end, the most you can do is to promptly submit whatever documents and follow whatever procedures are required for whatever visa arrives for you.

There is nothing else you can do. It is your employer responsibility and actions that can only make the difference; which I believe is out of your zone again.

Hi Muneeb, i am in similar position right now. For some reasons my visa was rejected two times. The visa was applied by agent of the company. I am not sure why exactly was it rejected at first place.

Did you get the visa since this has been almost two years ? If yes how long did it take?

Thanks in advance

Hi Muneeb, i am in similar position right now. For some reasons my visa was rejected two times. The visa was applied by agent of the company. I am not sure why exactly was it rejected at first place.

Did you get the visa since this has been almost two years ? If yes how long did it take?

Thanks in advance.

Generally for work visit visas, since a while back, there are problems.  This is being scrutinized as a lot of companies have been abusing these visas as they don't have quotas available for proper work visa / iqamas.  Online visas are the one which are issued and pre-approved by MOFA so Embassy has no option but to stamp passport. 

The only legal option is to get a WORK visa (not work visit) and then come in to convert it into Iqama.  Business visa is a second option but you are not allowed to work on it.

Thanks for quick response.

I had asked the employer about the same and they said Iqama is too costly and not in budget of the company so they will provide work visit visa. I had to exit and enter every three months but now since work visit visa  is rejected i am not sure what decision they take. i was supposed to join in first week of february and i have already left my current company and stuck in the middle of nowhere.

What your employer said is EXACTLY the reason why Saudi authorities are cracking down this.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Did you get your visa ?
If so what processus did you use ? I am in similar situation right now .