Chef looking for work..

HI guys, i'm a chef and have been for most of my career in North Yorkshire, England. I moved to HCMC last month with my partner who is an english teacher at an international school.

Due to her job we have accommodation secured in D1 for the duration of our 2 year stay, but ideally i would like to find a job here so i'm not just pottering around the apartment all day alone or spending too much time in the bars.

I've got experience in all aspects of catering and hospitality having been a head chef, FOH supervisor and a bar manager. I aren't too picky on the work or wage, a job is a job and it pays what it pays. If i have to start back down the pecking order i am happy to do so and work my way back up the ranks here in HCMC.

If anyone knows of anything in those lines of work i would appreciate hearing from you!

Side Note - IF i was to get enough interest in it, I would definitely consider a start up business here making Sunday Roast Dinners and delivering them in D1 and D3 area (the more interest, the further out i would consider delivering)

Hi Taylor,

I think you've got a good chance to begin your start-up here, people in HCMC really love eating-out and try new things. So just a small English food-stand then grows into big business is realistic. However, in case you don't have sufficient capital to open a business, you could initially try finding jobs in restaurant, diners near Bui Vien, De Tham street which locate many expats. Wish you and your partner all the best.

how much does a 'start up' usually cost to begin with in hcmc?
thanks for the reply

Hi Ben

Why not stick a FREE advert in the SAIGON JOB section of the site for a better response?

SimCityAT
Expert Team

I don't know exactly, just think that 300 USD for the first month in case of a small food stand and 1000 USD for a small restaurant/diner is quite good for start-up.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct