Getting married in Bali with conviction

Hi All.
I'm hoping to get some info about marrying my Indonesian fiance.
I was stung with a conviction a few years back and although it doesn't affect entry into Indonesia because it's visa free,I was wondering if anyone new if they need police check for me before I can marry .
Thanks in advance

Entering Indonesia is unlikely to be any issue at all and the same goes for marriage to an Indonesian.
You should get asked for a certificate of no impediment, your birth certificate, passport and maybe some other paperwork but not a criminal records check.

Shindig85 wrote:

Hi All.
I'm hoping to get some info about marrying my Indonesian fiance.
I was stung with a conviction a few years back and although it doesn't affect entry into Indonesia because it's visa free,I was wondering if anyone new if they need police check for me before I can marry .
Thanks in advance

well you do not need Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian [SKCK] when you want to get marry. That is a kind of document usually require to apply for work. marriage registration will not ask such thing.

Never happened with myself (mixed marriage Thailand) when we registered locally a few weeks back

Selamat Gwmeath!  Best wishes!   :top:

Thank you all :) we are still planning the marriage and I remain hopeful for next month,but I hate having to leave and come back here..I always dread applying for an extended visitor visa in case they do police background check so I just fly to singapore and back ...do the immigration officials here do background checks when processing extended VOA (60 days) thank u in advance .

I always felt that getting married with a lack of conviction will never turn out well in the long term. Good advice above.

On a more serious note, I'm unsure how the police handle criminal records checks for foreigners.
I have a UK one so I know there's zero on me in either country, but I have no clue what the cops do here as far as checking for convictions outside Indonesia.
Same goes for immigration.
Apart from high profile nasty types like Paul Gadd and people on terrorist or serious criminal databases, I'm unsure if any checks are done for run of the mill crimes.

If it is petty offences and sometime ago, “Disclosure Scotland “ do one that does NOT show any spent convictions, if you do the version from England ie a FULL disclosure it will sho EVERYTHING even spent convictions including offences as a juvenile, this was brought in some years ago due to people working with vulnerable children and adults, Disclosure Scotland takes about 5/10 days the one from England takes an average of 45 days
I can say that upto around 3 years ago both versions had been accepted in Indonesia, like Fred says its serious offences they are looking for not scuffles and Woolworths pick n mix