Indians on MM2H visa

I would like to interact with Indians who are living on MM2H visa in Malaysia. I am. Planning to Apply for this visa in near future. I 54 year old doctor who wishes to retire in Malaysia and work part time.
Request Indians in Malaysia to correspond with me in this regards

Getting an endorsement to work under MM2H is very difficult.

I am  aware that I will not be able to practice medicine with my Indian degree. However I wish to do either part time or free lancing in para medical / teaching or non medical. The idea of wort part time is to keep myself occupied with fruitful work.

MM2H is a social visit pass and does not entitle the holder to work. In certain circumstances it is possible to get an endorsement to work 20 hrs per week. It is quite rare to achieve this because the stipulation is that the work undertaken should not be able to be done by a local Malaysian. (This is the general requirement for any work situation in Malaysia). There are strong protectionist processes in Malaysia. https://www.penangmyhome.com/mm2h-work-permit-malaysia

MM2H Work Permit

The Malaysia My Second Home Program or MM2H is open to all the countries recognized by Malaysia. You have to complete the official requirements to get the approval for the visa. These requirements include a minimum amount of monthly income, liquid assets, a fixed deposit, and some other rules.

The MM2H visa holders aged 50 and above, are allowed to get a work permit in Malaysia and they can work for up to 20 hours a week. It is applicable to the visa holders who have professional skills in certain sectors. The approval of a part time work by the committee depends on the view if the job could be done by a Malaysian. Even, MM2Hers are allowed to set up and invest in business in Malaysia. They are also subject to the previously mentioned regulations like other foreign investors. But they are not permitted to get involved in the day to day running of the business in Malaysia. If they are willing to do so, they must switch their visa to a work permit and this is a subject to approval by the Malaysian Government.

Generally, two types of part time jobs are available in Malaysia.

Part Time Lecturer
Part Time Job
For the job of a Part Time Lecturer, you have to take care of these requirements.
The applicant must be above 50 Years Old
Letter of Intention
Letter of Acceptance from Public / Private Higher Education
Letter of Permission from Malaysia Ministry of Education
Advertisement in local newspaper for the intake of local citizen
Original copy of your Working Contract and its copy
Personal Income Tax Relief Letter Form Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (LHDN)
Copy of your Passport (Pages of Particulars & MM2H Pass)
For a Part Time Job you have to fulfill these criteria:
Applicant & Company's Representative.
Applicant Must Be 50 Years & Above.
Letter of Application From Company Authorization Letter From the Company Photocopy Mykad (MyKad is the compulsory identity document for Malaysian citizens aged 12 and above) Designation in Company Covering Letter Explaining Company Activities & Job Justifications Letter of Offer From The Company Duration of Employment Contract Duration of Working Hour Remuneration
Latest Print-Out Companies Commission of Malaysia Form 9, 24 & 49 and it must be verified by Companies of Malaysia.
Business License From Local Authority.
Recommendation Letter From Related Agency (which ever related). It might be from the sectors such as Education (Ministry of Higher Education / Ministry of Education), Health (Ministry of Health), Manufacturing (Malaysia Industrial Development Authority), Banking, Financial & Insurance etc.
Certified Copy of the participant's Passport.
The Resume of the Participant
Copy of Passport (Pages of Particulars & MM2H Pass).
Completed DP 10 Form.
Advertisement in local newspaper / Job street for the intake local citizen.
Personal Income Tax Relief Letter from Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (LHDN)
Salary Above RM 10,000.00.

I am an Indian on MM2H here in KL but definitely have no intention of working in Malaysia. I would be happy to meet up with you.

Hello

My father is also a doctor and planning to apply for mm2h program. I am exploring options . Can we connect and discuss on  process . How far are you in application

Regards

Kindly connect with me on

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i am applying now.  Can you give your opinion about this visa programme

Hello been on mm2h for last 15 years
Indian citizenship