Current visa Issues - help!

Hiya again guys..

I just heard and want to verify something especially with any newcomers upon their arrival. I heard that most nationals are being denied visa currently for entry to Kuwait.ones who r giving visa upon arrival are having to wait a day in airport before being granted.

Can someone shed some light on this pls?any newcomers experienced this at all?

I am very concern and based on this i am stil not going to cancel my trip. But i am worried and going to travel on my own. Would day time be safe enough to walk alone freely in places?

Thanks to all

Hi again,
Been living in this country for quite long,i haven't heard about this problem before,i will have to check about this with someone if i can get some information about this and let you know ASAP.by the way i just found something

check this worldtravelguide.net/kuwait/passport-visa

on Kuwait airport website kuwait-airport.com.kw/Public/Visa_e.htm

I think its probably because of the middle eastern political situation,the protests going on all over the region and the government doesn't want to risk giving visas to foreigners.in Kuwait,situation is normal.but no one can Gaurentee it.

day time will be safer to see around the places,but i would recommend you not to be alone,either a friend of yours or you should take some one reliable.

kuwait is very safe .
I recommend you to ask the Kuwait embassy in UK, they will help you ,just call them :)

Many thanks ACE and Moo - that is very helpful. I will give the embassy a ring and hoping its all going to be ok. I am so looking forward to come and dont want to cancel because of this... But u guys just made calmer.

Yes ACE that is exactly the same reason i heard why its happening.will check your links now.

Thank you both for your time.

Romi

Currently they are going through a visa violators clean up. Issuance of new visa usually is stopped around this period.

As suggested by moo best people to ask is the Kuwait Embassy in UK.

bsmith wrote:

Currently they are going through a visa violators clean up. Issuance of new visa usually is stopped around this period.

As suggested by moo best people to ask is the Kuwait Embassy in UK.

You mean even a visit/tourist visa or all visas???

I actually called the Kuwait Embassy in London this morning and they said they haven't heard of such issues at the moment as I have heard and defenetely not in Kuwait. I did say that I heard its taking 1 day even for Brits to be given visa on arrival and they said it normally takes no more than an hour max. They dont seem to be aware of anything similar of what I have heard. Hope they are right...

was traveling last week and there is a new list of country which can get visa on arrival it was at the visa issue desk. it best check website. kuwait can be safe but for female it can be  a different experience just use your brain all the time dont trust everyone.

I can tell this from first hand experience that 'Visa On Arrival' is open and available to all British Citizen (among few other nationalities). My Brothers wife is from UK and we all entered the country last month arriving from US. It took little less that 15-20 minutes for her to get her visit visa. 3 KD and vola! You get 3 Months entry to Kuwait!

there is no problem,i asked someone i knew working at the airport,u can get the visa for 3 months without any problem.

Hi ACE117, bsmith and saint 12

Many thanks for your replies - i feel soooo relieved to know all this! I think i am worrying too much about it because i am really looking forward to come.

I hope a hotel reservation would be sufficient since my in law is not going to be there during that time due to a health problem of a family member.

Saint 12 - thanks for your advice! Haven't even been yet and I already learned so much already!! That is the best advice anyone can give me, so million thanks and I will surely look out for myself when I am there. I know its totally different than London..

I also read a lot about cabs - i want to make sure i get the right ones.. any suggestions? or maybe you all drive there? i would not risk driving as i heard some horror stories so will have to use the cab... anyone had any bad experiences to share?

Sorry maybe i should start a new topic...??

driving in kuwait is much like driving anywhere else in the world, u have ur weirdos, ur crazies, ur nut jobs and ur lazies. its not a matter of "driving in kuwait is bad", as i have seen worse elsewhere.

it all depends on ur mind-set, and ur mood whilst driving. sometimes i take offense to people cutting me off and get filled with rage, sometimes i cut others off, sometimes im polite and let others in ahead of me, but most of all, i do see people waving at each other and smiling when something nice is done. its best to adopt a pay-it-forward mentality when driving.

so, for horror stories check arabtimesonline.com, but dont think that is the norm here.

for hotel prices: iblooogle.blogspot.com/2010/12/rough-guide-to-hotel-prices-in-kuwait.html

i wouldnt stay too long tho coz their rates are killers

and oh, unfortunately, many cabbies have the "foreigner-sydnrome" where they assume immediately that since ur a foreigner, and american, that u must be loaded, and will charge u an arm and a leg for a really short distance.

do tell us the area which u decide to get a hotel in, and we'll tell u how much u should roughly pay ur cabbie (if u can get a friend to pick u up that would be better tho).

generally, a trip from the aiport to any of the main city destinations (ie. salmiya, jabriya, hawalli, midan hawalli etc) will cost u 5KD, the equivalent of roughly $15.

Hi Romiuk,

You may start a new topic about cabs in Kuwait on the Kuwait forum, then i can move the 2 posts of Legacy on the other thread.

Thank you.
Christine

legacy,i go to Salmiya in KD1 or 1.5 lolz anyways,
as legacy said about the cab rates for foreigners will be high and they are in case when u take a local taxi,if u take an airport taxi ,i think it has fixed charge,these taxi's will be there at the exit straight ahead.ford crown Victoria cars with green arrow and well dressed Kuwaiti driver,u want to check the fares,there will be a board on the left side of the exit on the wall,rates for different areas.which airlines are you taking, because some of them have affordable taxi rates.

u go to salmiya with 1-1.5kd from the airport?

im guessing, no

not form airport,an area close to airport.the local taxis with so many numbers on them.