Solar Panels

I have just read on a different forum that solar equipment is not taxed by customs here.
Does anyone know if this is true?
Has anyone had any experienced regarding importing solar panels?
Thanks.

Not heard this!

Not sure why you would want to.  I don't think it's worth the hassle or that the savings are there.  I might be wrong but I just had my system installed (22 - 260 watt panels) still on the grid working like a charm for under $9K USD.  My savings are approximately $300usd per month so far although the system has only been running for 2 months.  I might mention that the cost also included running new cables underground from my house to across the street to a new meter location.  It also included relocating my solar hot water heater to the roof of my garage.  I am very happy with the results and would gladly recommend the company that did the work for me.  Just PM me.

Feel free to post the recommendatio  here honey for others!!!

Bestinprogroup.

Also, the Government offers tax rebates for solar installations.  Have to be a tax payer though...

Dominicanada Mike, thanks for the recommendation but I am only interested in getting some solar panels, I do not need any installation. I can get them for less than half the price I can get them here and it will cost me only about $20 to $ 30 each for shipping (I am still getting prices for that at the moment). So if there is no duty it will be worth my while.

Ok, understand.  Still, you might contact this company and ask the question.  They are very easy to work with.  Also it depends upon your shipping company and quantity.  I have never paid duty on anything that my shipper brings to me from Canada.