Head count

Psych2 wrote:

Yes, especially considering the recent and FUTURE storms. Hopefully, arriving in December will allow me to put some "eyeballs on situation. I assume every property has been impacted in some way; some more than others.

It all depends, some homes made from concrete were build by the owner and friends, they may or may not be up to code, the older the more likely. I saw some concrete houses in Vieques that were affected by the storm, also homes where the water has formed a river may have a weak foundation now. Carefully check for cracks and tell tale signs where they been painted over and crack tiles. Look around at the surrounding houses and fences looking for water marks that may tell you if it has flooded in the area and how high it went.

Some houses are well build and should be no worry but the floods can still be an issue.

Almost all damaged houses were either wood and zinc, or were cement and zinc, the only 1 exception I saw was the one in vieques.

Thanks for the great and insightful information. This will be my first time arriving in PR after a major storm! I will only go if it is safe. Thanks again.

We already own a home in Cabo Rojo but unfortunately we won't be moving there for another 10 years.

Neiner wrote:

We already own a home in Cabo Rojo but unfortunately we won't be moving there for another 10 years.

Long, Long time
I am moving next year, in March house goes in the market in the states, as soon as it sell, I head to PR.

Returning back to our roots next year. Hopefully, in the summer if all goes according to plan this time. Maria just made us that much more aware of how careful we need to be with deciding on the location and house being up to code.

Moving by end of this year, assuming we can find housing after Maria.