Head count

Lets see a show of hands of all people that are considering or have definite plans to move permanently to Puerto Rico.

Me Summer 2018.

Me, as soon as the nest is empty.  2-6 years.

Southwest, Cabo Rojo.

We are half way, when we sell our CT house we are all PR.

Me.

We're in the process of making a final decision.  Should know in around a month or so as to whether we're moving to Condado.

I've been full time on the island since 2001.

We are. Planning on trying to be moved by Jan-Feb 2018. Not sure how many, but will have some key employees coming as well.

WOW, My English Teacher in High School would have failed me for that sentence!!!! PLANNING ON TRYING!!!!!!  :cool:

My husband and I became homeowners in PR this summer and live here full-time. Love it (with the exception of the traffic)!

My husband and I plan on retiring in Rincon half time.  In about 10 years.

My wife, 2 cats, and I are planning to move down, Jan - Feb.   Booking AirBnB for 1 month Apartment hunt in the next 2 weeks

Cool this list is growing. I wonder how many in the next few days.

We are almost there... we think!  Hopefully by the end of the year :)

Planning on moving back in the next 3 years.

My family and I have been in Puerto Rico for about a year and a half, our house has been built and we've moved in, very happy about that, now we get the joy of setting it up the way we want.

We are half there. My wife and her mother moved to PR in June 2017. I am stuck in Texas waiting for our ranch to sell. I take trips to PR as often as I can.

We're coming in January for an exploratory mission, after 2 trips and finally deciding against Ecuador. It was just a tad too 3rd world for us.

Came here just now because I just saw a weather tracker for Irma. Gonna be a close one.

Hi Puerto Rico posters   :cheers:    I may start hanging around here more often as January nears.

gardener1 wrote:

We're coming in January for an exploratory mission, after 2 trips and finally deciding against Ecuador. It was just a tad too 3rd world for us.

Came here just now because I just saw a weather tracker for Irma. Gonna be a close one.

Hi Puerto Rico posters   :cheers:    I may start hanging around here more often as January nears.

Welcome to the forum, most of us are friendly and like to chat. You are welcome here.
Hope you like Puerto Rico
Rey

I do Rey but the date isn't nailed down yet.

10YRStoRincon wrote:

My husband and I plan on retiring in Rincon half time.  In about 10 years.

Lets hope the island is still there.

boricanroots wrote:

I do Rey but the date isn't nailed down yet.

A year, 3, 5?

I would prefer 3 however, it is looking more like 7 years at this point. I plan to visit next year.

Puerto Rico been my home for about 11 years now.

My house is on the market now! The day it sells is the day I leave for P.R.! It can't happen soon enough! I plan on buying land (hopefully around 5 acres or more) and building, and your info has been extremely helpful, Ray!

Gringo Sean wrote:

My house is on the market now! The day it sells is the day I leave for P.R.! It can't happen soon enough! I plan on buying land (hopefully around 5 acres or more) and building, and your info has been extremely helpful, Ray!

Glad to be of some help
Mine goes in the market around march.
Hope yours sells soon.
Rey

Coming back down in October to do some more scouting.

Not sure what damage you guys have endured from Irma, but if I may of some help to anyone around the East side, please let me know.

I will rent a car the first day and can get around pretty well, so just PM if you need some extra hands- light construction, moving, cleanup. Seriously, I would like to help.

Hi! I'm currently searching for the land, so hopefully by the end of the year.

DocRob wrote:

Coming back down in October to do some more scouting.

Not sure what damage you guys have endured from Irma, but if I may of some help to anyone around the East side, please let me know.

I will rent a car the first day and can get around pretty well, so just PM if you need some extra hands- light construction, moving, cleanup. Seriously, I would like to help.

Hi Doc, the east got a little of a beating, I heard Loiza, Luquillo and Fajardo. I am aware of news of a house in Loiza that lost its roof and another that got nailed by a big tree, Heard also of one in Luquillo. Fajardo got a beating but it was mostly trees down to my knowledge. Going by news so can not give you addresses.

I'll move this to another thread so as not to highjack. Thanks, Rey

I live in Palmas del Mar. We lost electricity. Otherwise we were untouched. Local boaters have organized to accept donations to bring to the Virgin Islands, which were hit hard.  There is not widespread news coverage of the damage, but our island neighbors need our help.

Even Maria can't stop us, can't wait to go back.
Thinking of you all.

depending on what Maria does. I was planning moving to Culebra the first week of November with my daughter, but I'm waiting and so worried for everyone right now.

:)

Massinga wrote:

Closed on my farm in Moca the day before Irma. Evacuated yesterday, the day before Maria. Going back as soon as I can get a flight.

mandarjones wrote:

depending on what Maria does. I was planning moving to Culebra the first week of November with my daughter, but I'm waiting and so worried for everyone right now.

I am not too fond on living in either of the baby islands, storms and emergencies worry me in the baby islands.

Hope everyone is ok. Glad to to you are online Rey.

Here I am sitting in my building in North Carolina. I had three closings that all fell thru at the last moment. To ship my belongings to PR would involve getting another property to keep them and all that would cost more than what I owe on the building I have here. If I had sold I would have been in PR now.  Now I am back to doing part time here and part time there.  It is not my decision that created this situation. It is how it unfolded. I will still consider having my main operation in PR but this too will have to be decided as events unfold. Friends are staying in my house in Ponce. I will have an update when cellular phone service is available. I will post the effects. I guess the next topic will be insurance claims. Be Safe everyone!

Heading to Luqullio Beach in December to look for property but I am concerned about Maria's devastation!

Psych2 wrote:

Heading to Luqullio Beach in December to look for property but I am concerned about Maria's devastation!

Check property is not in a flood area.

Yes, especially considering the recent and FUTURE storms. Hopefully, arriving in December will allow me to put some "eyeballs on situation. I assume every property has been impacted in some way; some more than others.