Clearing immigration

I will be there on Wednesday landing at santo domingo..does anyone know how long it takes to clear immigration..in other words from getting off the plane to being in a taxi...and is it true that they take fingerprints....didn't I just do that getting my passport....thanks in advance

I was told that is what slows things down...is that true..

It's been almost a year since  we last arrived through SD so it's possible things have changed, however neither my husband nor myself recall being fingerprinted.    To the best of our recollection, it was busy and took at least 1 to 1.5 hours to clear customs. Hope this helps.

I appreciate it...I didn't think so there not even fingerprinting in Rome where I'm from.so it surprised me when I heard that..but then I thought there is BIG brother.north of you😃....can't wait...thank you

I came through just 4 weeks ago and they did not do fingerprints on anyone that I saw. It took anywhere from a few minutes to 3/4 of an hour or so to clear, depending where you were in line.

But I should explain why it went so quickly, I came through El Catey, and I think we were the last flight in.

Depends what time you come in and how many other flights arrive close to the same time. Its all about the volume!

No problem I will plan for a hour or two ...thanks