Possibility of driving rent a car with aromatic driving sense of Dubai

Dear all,

What is the possibility of driving an automatic car if you have valid UAE driving license with GCC Stamp? Some 1 was saying me that one can only drive yellow number plate cars in Oman with automatic UAE Driving License in Oman in case you are resident of Oman there.Are yellow number plate cars specific? I have spent a huge amount in Dubai for an automatic driving license in Dubai. Not in a mood to spend heavy amount again in Oman.

Kind Regards,

monis.anis wrote:

Dear all,

What is the possibility of driving an automatic car if you have valid UAE driving license with GCC Stamp? Some 1 was saying me that one can only drive yellow number plate cars in Oman with automatic UAE Driving License in Oman in case you are resident of Oman there.Are yellow number plate cars specific? I have spent a huge amount in Dubai for an automatic driving license in Dubai. Not in a mood to spend heavy amount again in Oman.

Kind Regards,

As far as I know, be prepared to spend a huge amount again in Oman if you're coming to Oman on a resident permit / job visa. UAE license could be used in Oman if you're a visitor. The condition is that you can only drive a commercial rent-a-car (with red plate) on a UAE license. There may be a possibility that even on a job visa of Oman, you may drive an automatic car (rent a car - red license plate) on your UAE license.
But for owning a private vehicle (Yellow license plate), you must be having an Omani driving license for which you have to undergo the procedures all over again. Since I've left Oman for a year now, I don't know the latest rules if the earlier ones have been amended.

Dear Monis,
If you are coming as a visitor / tourist to Oman and you are holding UAE automatic / GCC license, then you can hire rent-a-car and drive around, whereas if you are coming as a resident i.e on employment visa, you are a resident in Oman, then holding Automatic UAE /GCC license will not help you to convert neither hire a rent-a-car since they will ask your Oman visa (rent a car company), if you visa is on employment category, then they will not give you.
I have tried all the options before since i too was holding UAE automatic license, then eventually have to go for local DL (Manual). So, there's no way. all the best.

Hi bro,

So far how much you have been successful with your manual transmission.

Kind Regards,

Whom are you asking this question? Could you explain your question better? It's not clear.

Sorry . I was asking to you varad bhaiya. How far have you been successful with your driving license in Oman with a manual transmission?

Kind Regards,

I have got the manual DL at the 4th attempt and spent around 400 OMR.

Mr. Varad,
How long it takes you to pass it all and have you omani license?

Hi Kachetor,
It depends on individuals and blessings of almighty. Minimum of 1 month to 3 months...