2nd home

We want to spend a week in Panama in April-May to see if there is a place to spend 6 months at a time. Like to be able to walk to beach and walk to small town for shops and food. We are retired and have 2 small dogs. Suggestions and comment much appreciated..

I too, along with my wife, will be spending a week in Panama the end of Sept. Did you find anything interesting when you were there? Any places to avoid? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

it depends on if you want "americanized" or not. coronado is a little beach town with the things we're used to, the beach is near by, and the scenery is great. it's about an hour and a half from panama city. you can also try bocas del toro, but it's a lot further from the city. not sure what radius you would like to stay in or if it is a determining factor in your decision at all

Thank you, MeanderingMiss, for your reply. I really just want to try and get an overview to help decide if this is a place that I might want to live. So, all in all, I'm looking for the benefits and the pitfalls.