Netflix, YouTube & TV channels

Hi all,

My name is Ian and I recently joined this forum.

My wife and I are moving out to Bulgaria soon and I wondered if there is a simple way of receiving English speaking channels, YouTube or Netflix. I have been told that a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is needed.

Does anyone have any advice or guidance on a way forward? 

Thanks.

As of 2016, netflix is available in Bulgaria without a VPN. Not sure of which shows are available, as I don't have a netflix account.

Our regular cable has several English channels (with Bulgarian subtitles, usually). At the moment we only watch the nat geos, discovery, and a few kids channels (Davinci Learning, cartoon network) all mostly in English. There are other English channels, but we don't really have interest in them so I can't tell you what they are.

Youtube kids (the app, not sure about the website) is not available without a VPN, but regular youtube is available without problems.

Thanks for the info, that's great.I'll check out some other areas I've been told about and I'll share if workable.

We have broad band 100 gbp/year and Amazon fire stick everything available

Hi

You can also download UkTvNow which enables you to watch uk tv channels for free ( a bit like filmon ) but free of charge. There is another called Mobdro where you can watch live uk tv as well- it can be hit and miss but considering it's free, you can't grumble. Terrarium is a great one, you can catch up with some of the latest tv series at your leisure and movies, again it's free. We also have tv package via internet and if you are into your football Diema sports and Diema sports 2 show all the big games. There are quite a few English channels within our package- it can be a very cold winter 😆

Will Apple TV work?

Thank you for that. It gives me some idea of what to expect.

Thanks jules999. That's been very helpful.

Hey all,

Will an Amazon firestick work out in BG as I am out for a few months and wife likes to catch p with the news.....I am in rural village but have good internet connection......any one using one and what firestick is it as there are quite a few generations now.

cheers.

I tried fire stick last  year , but as Internet is intermittent it didn't work   l am thinking of getting  a Netflix account but not sure if it would have the same problem  l am in the Varna area has anyone had good results from this service  ?? Thanks

Truetomyself wrote:

I tried fire stick last  year , but as Internet is intermittent it didn't work   l am thinking of getting  a Netflix account but not sure if it would have the same problem  l am in the Varna area has anyone had good results from this service  ?? Thanks

Netflix is Free for the first month, so try it. You won't lose any money.

We have a fire stick with VPN and get all English Channel with no problems

I stay in sunny beach and the firestick works great in my apartment