Moving from USA to Kuwait - question about criminal background check

Hello,

Looking at the Kuwaiti embassy in the US web-page and have a question. 

What does this mean:  "The “No Criminal Record” has to be certified first by the U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C."?

Do I have to send the FBI report to someone for authentication??

Regards,
Dan

Hello Dan,

“No Criminal Record” has to be certified

it is a piece of paper as i know that confirm that you have not committed any crime before

usually it is came of ministry of justice here ... for Kuwaiti people and other

as i knew of that sentience that certificate should be confirm and stamped from  "U.S. State Department in Washington, D.C."

this is article below may helping you

https://travel.state.gov/content/passpo … check.html

themeanings,

Thanks for your reply.  Here's where my confusion arises:

1) I get the criminal background check from the FBI.  (straight-forward, I understand)

2) Do I send this paper to "the state department" to be certified?  (if so, where?)

It just seems illogical to have the government police force issue me a statement and then get it re-certified by another office of the government...  and as I've never had to do that before for work visas, I just wanted to confirm.

Regards,
Dan

HI DiggerDan,
every document you obtain has to be certified by the Kuwait embassy in the country. Like here in Australia, the Kuwait embassy will not be certified any documents unless the Departement of foreign affairs attested it, this is a requirement of the Kuwait embassy mate.
cheers
JH

You should send the document to the embassy , like police clearance ...

Criminal background is same as police clearance,
All you need is just go to your nearest police station and print your report then take it with you at the embassy for your visa to kuwait 🇰🇼.

Thank you
Victor Hugo Mwanke

Its all good in kuwait bruh, just wanna say that people staying in kuwait for years with no residency just go to Bahrain every three months and you good, get your money cash and have some fun.
Fellow American

That sound like a good deal !