Dubai Automatic Driving License

Dear All,

I have automatic Dubai Driving License with GCC Stamp. I have got a job in Salalah. Many people are saying that if you have automatic Dubai driving license with GCC stamp you can only drive an automatic car in Oman on the basis of Dubai Automatic Driving License. You will not be able to drive any manual car but can drive automatic only even if you have a residence or employment visa in Oman. Kindly reply me with the answer.

Sorry, I don't have answer to your question but an additional question is can we apply for international driving license from India and will it be eligible to drive car in Oman?

Hi, you are allowed to drive with UAE D/L only  3 months from the date of Oman residency visa stamp, within this period you are supposed to obtain Oman drivers license. If failed to obtain you will be treated as driving without license. I've experienced the same.

But unlike before, now Dubai is offering an option to convert Automatic license to Manual, so that you may get it converted and get you Oman license without any test or hassle.

Cheers,