Travelling by plane with cat to the Netherlands

Hellooo!!
I'm Villanyda and I am planning to be a future expat to the Netherlands with my boyfriend and my cat :D
This is my very first forum! So I'm new! Please be patient with me! :)
I would really like to know any piece of advice, help or information regarding travelling with cats by plane and by any transport there in the netherlands.
I read that each airline has its own regulation system regarding pets. I would like to fly with the cat in the cabin as I heard that checking animals as "luggage" in the airplane cargo may be dangerous or cost damage or even death in the worst cases.
Do you have any experience travelling with cats or dogs? Any prefered airline?
What about finding a petfriendly flat in the netherlands?
Any information or your experience both good or bad?? I would really appreciate it!! Thank you all!

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Before you search how to take your cat with you while travelling, I would suggest to find first an apartment where it's allowed to have pets. When you want to rent a house there will most likely no problems at all.

Thank you for your message Primadonna! Yes, you are totally right: first of all i need to find a petfriendly flat! My first idea was flying with my boyfriend without her, find the most suitable flat and then make comfortable it for my cat so at her arrival she can have all what she might need (litterbox, food, etc). Right now I am searching for the best transport basket for my cat as it must have some special specifications if I want her to travel in the cabin with me.