Online grocery store in Dalian

Hi All,

Myself and my wife will be be moving to Dalian effective Sep '17 and would like to get some details about

1. where we can find the Indian Grocery items ?
2. Is there any online portal which deliveries groceries to home ?
3. How is the cost of the Indian Groceries ?

Please share your inputs.

Regards,
Senthil

No reply :(, Can someone help over ?

Hey,
look up YHD (yhd.com) or JD (jd.com) in your App store, they have English version where you can order and get them delivered and I bet your will find substitutes to typical Indian items.
Good luck!

Another good thing to do is go to Metro Grocery store in dalian.

You can check Taobao.com/Jd.com generally amazon.cn should have grocery drop off available.

If you get with names of foods or wechating a "peng you" who owns or works at a small grocery store-you can through a delivery charge on the cost of the items and they will deliver it to you generally when you ask or arrange it.

In Dalian Ai Yi's are quite cheap to hire, these are older women who you trust to grant access to your apartment during the day to cook, clean or walk your dog, whatever. You can possibly arrange something with them as well-to find a trustworthy one I'd recommend asking around for friends who have a lady they trust.

Going to the street or any old "agency" is not the best idea because well...TIC, but I know it is becoming more of a formal business.

SK, did you find any physical Indian grocery store in Dalian? I am visiting just for the first two weeks, so don't need much other than heat and serve food items. Also, could you write addresses etc of any Indian restaurants there?
Thanks.

All,
Will also appreciate any other tips for Indians in Dalian, Xi'an (China), and Tokyo (Japan).

VJSE