Interracial couples

My husband and I are considering moving to his families native country in Guayaquil Ecuador and would like some feedback on how welcoming the locals are to mixed couples. My husband is Ecuadorian/Salvadorian and I am African-American. As I stated prior, we would be moving with family, husbands grandma lives there but I am a professional black woman who doesn't want race holding me back with locating employment or enjoying life without blatant racism (I'm from CA husbands from NY). I currently work in the Mental Health field in the US but will be looking into teaching in Ecuador so any comments from other professionals would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully the comments a few years back from those who actually made the move and can enlighten us. Thanks...Any input is greatly appreciated 😊

My Ecuadorian  Girlfriend  father hates me for my nationality ...... and i am English, white...... so there are some people  set in backward  ways.

You will likely  have the most trouble  from the older generation.

Crazyewok wrote:

My Ecuadorian  Girlfriend  father hates me for my nationality ...... and i am English, white...... so there are some people  set in backward  ways.

You will likely  have the most trouble  from the older generation.

Out of curiosity is your girlfriend's family Indian/Amazonian?

On her mums side I believe. Her fathers side  no.