Moving : India to Kuwait - Advise

I would like to know the living cost in Kuwait Fahaheel/ Mangaf location. I will be moving with my family (Wife+5yrs old kid). Though I have read lot of your posts here. I would like to hear from you on the things that I need to consider before moving there ( House rent, Time taken to get family visa and etc ). Will 1100 KD be good enough to live a good life in Kuwait. Pls advise.

Welcome Doodle.

It all depends on your what sort of place you want to rent, how much you eat out, what you do for entertainment, etc.   I'm sure you know from life in India how much life can vary from the very low to the very high and the same holds true here as well.  My friend Zsolt lives in Mangaf and rents a place for 550kd.  It's a single bedroom very high in a tall apartment building with a very nice sea view.   I think it would be very reasonable to say that you could easily find an apartment for half that (minus the sea view) but it all depends on what your willing to live with or live without. 

After that it all depends on what you spend on food, gas, entertainment, etc.

On the positive note, there is a HUGE Indian population out here so I think the transition for you would be very easy, and there would be lots of help available for if/when you needed it.

On the visa time, it took me 6-months to get my family visas out here.  I'm a bit of an extreme case though since everything of mine goes through the Kuwait Ministry of Defense so it adds a lot of time to the processes.

Cheers buddy!

Willgrow3 wrote:

Welcome Doodle.

It all depends on your what sort of place you want to rent, how much you eat out, what you do for entertainment, etc.   I'm sure you know from life in India how much life can vary from the very low to the very high and the same holds true here as well.  My friend Zsolt lives in Mangaf and rents a place for 550kd.  It's a single bedroom very high in a tall apartment building with a very nice sea view.   I think it would be very reasonable to say that you could easily find an apartment for half that (minus the sea view) but it all depends on what your willing to live with or live without. 

After that it all depends on what you spend on food, gas, entertainment, etc.

On the positive note, there is a HUGE Indian population out here so I think the transition for you would be very easy, and there would be lots of help available for if/when you needed it.

On the visa time, it took me 6-months to get my family visas out here.  I'm a bit of an extreme case though since everything of mine goes through the Kuwait Ministry of Defense so it adds a lot of time to the processes.

Cheers buddy!

Willgrow3...
on the same subject ...On average how long will it take to process the family dependent visa after my landing in Kuwait? the family will come from Australia
cheers mate

We did as much as we could before I left.  Things like the background checks, medical tests, etc.  I landed here on April 4th of this year, and only last Thursday did I finish the dependent visa work.

But (there's always a but).  I work for the ministry of defense and that adds a lot of time to the process.  Apparently things sit on desks around here for a loooooong time before they move again. Unfortunately I cant give you an honest estimate without that link in the chain as this is my only experience with family visas.

Cheers man, and good luck with the move.

Thanks Willgrow for the information.