Dish tv

I have been living in Salalah for the past 9 months. Like all indians (I presume) i also got a dish tv connection from one of the local vendors. However I am not getting all the channels even though i pay for them. My vendor says it's like that only and some channels are not available in oman. My query is, if i get a pre activated receiver from india and install it here, will i be getting all the channels. Thanks in advance.

Hi drgood,

Dish TVs pre activated receiver in India is meant to work well in India only.

Your reception in Salalah would be dependent on Dish TVs signal strengths around that area.

For instance, in Muscat, it works just fine - as good as it does in India. But in some pockets of Muscat, the reception is patchy.

You could get a pre activated receiver from India. But you cannot recharge it from anywhere outside of India.

So unless you recharge it from within the Indian boundaries, your receiver could get blocked here.

Hi can i please double check if it legal to bring dish tv set top box in Muscat. Please advice my family coming next week

Thank you

Jobinbency wrote:

Hi can i please double check if it legal to bring dish tv set top box in Muscat. Please advice my family coming next week

Thank you

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=746997

Yes you can bring pre active receiver dishtv but while you need recharge you should contact your relative to recharge it in india

tksalalah wrote:

Yes you can bring pre active receiver dishtv but while you need recharge you should contact your relative to recharge it in india

... provided the 'contraband' passes unnoticed through the airport security first !