Documents needed to export your pet to malta

hi,i have been to the vets today ,to start my pet passports,
after talking to the vet,i mentioned when i go to malta i will not be comeing back to the uk with my dogs,she then explained to me,that because we are not moving around eu countrys,that it would be fine to enter malta with my dogs as long as thay have had .
there rabies vax
micro chip
ticks and worms done.
plus a passport.
she said i dident need there bloods to be done,or any follow up treatment.this was because i was exporting.

allthough i trust my vet,i am just a bit confused.i have tryed to look on different sights,but no joy.
is there any one out there with any idea if this would be ok .

many thanks Dxx

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33483
some more info...

Hiya,  you WILL need their bloods done because Malta has the same quarantine rules as UK.  However, if you travel prior to the six month period then the pets can go into quarantine here.  The stay is for a lesser time though, from 3 weeks to 3 months I think, depending on the circumstances.  I wouldn't bother emailing the people concerned as they do not reply.  It would be better to phone them directly.  I can't remember the number off hand but it is included in a recent thread regarding pet passports and quarantine.  Good luck.