Americans in Nagykanizsa, Hungary

I am seeking to connect with fellow Americans living in Zala County, Nagykanizsa, Hungary. Contact me if you would like to get together for a cup of coffee and have a friendly chat. For example, we could compare notes about our experiences. Have a pleasant day!  :cool:

Hi/Szia:

I don't live in Nagykanizsa (yet). I would like to ask a question however; I went to Nagykanizsa last year, and I have spent a lot of time in the past with relatives in the Zalaegerszeg area to the north in Zala megye, and really I really enjoyed Nagykanizsa. Is it a good place to live for foreigners? How is the cost of living there relative to other towns in Hungary such as Szombathely, Budapest, Gyor, etc.?

I will probably have Hungarian citizenship shortly, and after my retirement in less than three years and I would like to spend a lot of time in Hungary. I am looking at different towns to stay in and am comparing notes. Why did you move to Nagykanizsa specifically and why do you like living there? I thought it was a pretty town and really liked the central square. Looked like a nice place to live!

Thank you

@tkovariwe are planning to move there.Do you like living there ?

@angelarobbins

Hello and welcome !

Please note that it's been 6 years already since that member posted on the forum. I would suggest that you open a thread of your own on the Hungary forum to post your questions. Active members of the forum might guide you.

All the best

Bhavna