Checking land for IMB before signing contract

hello guys,
i´m new in this forum and had already a lot of insight and good tips from all of you while doing some research about a business opportunity in bali. so thanx for that!

now i have a specific question i couldn't find an answer for it yet.

my friends & future business partner and i are planing to open a bar/restaurant/homestay.
we have already find a nice plot of land we wanted to rent for 20years. We talked to the banjar and the kepala desa who are welcoming our idea and are willing to help. We also checked the land certificate with the BPN.

the problem we are facing is that we want to know for sure if we can get an IMB for this piece of land and our future project before we sign the contract for the land.
so how do we find this out? by an application for an IMB for a land we don't rent yet + without any contractor? or through an application for an IP?

thanx a lot guys,
john

Before I say thank you so much you are interested To invest in Indonesia more specifically in Bali. I am a little helpful but before I want to ask "what does it mean application To search for IMB" Have you ever invested in Indonesia? I add a little that your step is correct but there is a missed that you have not asked permission to BKPM, after that you will get an explanation related to business permits and IMB in accordance with your investment license.
Cheers

john bricket wrote:

hello guys,
i´m new in this forum and had already a lot of insight and good tips from all of you while doing some research about a business opportunity in bali. so thanx for that!

now i have a specific question i couldn't find an answer for it yet.

my friends & future business partner and i are planing to open a bar/restaurant/homestay.
we have already find a nice plot of land we wanted to rent for 20years. We talked to the banjar and the kepala desa who are welcoming our idea and are willing to help. We also checked the land certificate with the BPN.

the problem we are facing is that we want to know for sure if we can get an IMB for this piece of land and our future project before we sign the contract for the land.
so how do we find this out? by an application for an IMB for a land we don't rent yet + without any contractor? or through an application for an IP?

thanx a lot guys,
john

actually, you need to get assistance whether from property Lawyer or notary, with full support from the land owner to provide required document. They will ask to Dinas Cipta Karya, for example, land located in Badung, will get confirmation from Dinas Cipta Karya Kabupaten Badung.