What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Tanzania?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in Tanzania? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in Tanzania? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla,

When start to look for a job opportunity in Tanzania, you could first start by registering to various recruitment agencies i.e Empower Recruitment Agency, Brighter Monday plus Zoom Tanzania. These agencies are used by various employers to fill various positions. Huge benefit if you will have by registering yourself with these agencies is that you can subscribe to various job alerts according to your area of specialty and then you will be notified if there is any opening. Also it will be easy for you to apply if you have placed all of your particulars i.e CV when registering.

Apart from using Recruitment Agencies you can also find advertised vacancies in Various Magazines. But all Vacancies posted in magazines, can easily be found on Zoom Tanzania Website.

About the Interview tips, Yes there are tips you have to adhere to. If you have an email I can share you.

About language: For some posts employers will prefer the knowledge of Local Language, but for some posts, that won't be necessary.

Cheers!