Recommendations About Da Nang

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are highly likely moving to Da Nang in September for my husband's job. We are interested in an apartment/condo not too far from the airport (as my husband will have to regularly travel around Vietnam), near supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, etc (and the beach would be nice too  ;)  haha ). Through my brief research I have come across the Hai Chau district as a probable good place to live. Am I correct on this? Are there other districts that would meet our list of what we're looking for as well? Pros and Cons to certain districts?

Also, we're trying to decide what is best and easiest: Finding a fully (or semi) furnished place or shipping items from where we are currently living in Thailand. With that said, are furnished places a pretty common thing to find in Da Nang?

Really, any suggestions would be helpful at this point.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Da Nang is a small city. So, you can stay anywhere and rent a motorbike or car monthly. If u plan to walk, it would be difficult to find a place near by all those things unless u ask them to bring airport to the beach.lol. (just kidding). And Hai Chau is kind of central area, so it would be a little bit expensive to rent a place to live.

Thanks, Chinh_Phan  :)

You really should come and take a look.  This is nothing like Thailand.  Much nicer and friendlier.  And cheaper.  The airport is in the middle of the city so easy to reach.  Danang Hoi an expats on Fb is a good site.  Many rentals.  Taxis are cheap.  Grab is here also.. You really need to come and look first.. It is only less than $100  r/t from on Bangkok airways.

Thanks, Garyww! We're planning to make our way there for a quick weekend to check things out, but I wanted to get a better sense of everything for when we do come--I'm a planner like that! :) haha

That's great to know that Grab is another transportation option there :)