Living in Cape Town

You are an expatriate living in Cape Town, or you used to  work and live in Cape Town.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Cape Town?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Cape Town?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Cape Town?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I have been living in Cape Town for six years - originally from London - and love it. Major concern for new arrivals is the crime, but the risk is very manageable and it is not in the league of Jo'burg where it really is an issue. Just make sure you are in a good suburb and take basic precautions. Neither I or my family have experienced any crime in Cape Town to date (touch wood). The downside of potential crime is more than made up by the great quality of life, good weather (most of the time), scenery, restaurants, beaches, mountains, etc etc etc. Have a look at the guide to Cape Town I wrote on:Expat Arrivals - Cape Town expat guide. Tom

Tom - just arrived and would like to meet you for a coffee if youre free. Why dont you give me a shout on 07962 97514. Would be great to hear from you.

Andy

:up:

Learning....:)

Hello diamond2011.

Please note that this thread is from 2008.

But if you  have any  useful informations on this subject; Living in Cape Town, it would be great if you could share it with us.

Thanks

Karen :)

karen1604 wrote:

Hello diamond2011.

Please note that this thread is from 2008.

But if you  have any  useful informations on this subject; Living in Cape Town, it would be great if you could share it with us.

Thanks

Karen :)

karen1604

You're a good man.

you've worked hard!:)

Thank you for caring!:lol:

Still learning .......:lol: