How to get us dollars in da nang

I am currently living in da nang and I need to get some us dollars.  Can I use my American debit card at a bank here to get us dollars? Or do i have to open a bank account here and transfer money from my American bank.  I would rather not have another bank account here, and just need to get 5 or 6 hundred us dollars. Thanks for any info you can give me.

You can withdraw them from an ATM if you have a card with fee free international transfers. I have one issued by Citibank but it's from Citibank Australia not USA.

No ATM give you USD in Vietnam:-)

Jpb9040 wrote:

I am currently living in da nang and I need to get some us dollars.  Can I use my American debit card at a bank here to get us dollars? Or do i have to open a bank account here and transfer money from my American bank.  I would rather not have another bank account here, and just need to get 5 or 6 hundred us dollars. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Just look for any reputable/busy gold shop (Tiem Vang). They are everywhere and will exchange currency for you,  Most have good/competitive rates as well.

JVo18 wrote:
Jpb9040 wrote:

Just look for any reputable/busy gold shop (Tiem Vang). They are everywhere and will exchange currency for you,  Most have good/competitive rates as well.

A good one is opposite the old market near Big C

Thank you all for your replies.  Appreciate your help.