Dependent Visa (Pregnant Wife)

Hello All,

I am from India. I am expecting a job offer from a company in Belgium. The company will provide me work permit and help me with the visa process. I have some queries regarding visa process to bring my wife along with me. She is pregnant and our due date is in Feb, 2018. I am expecting an offer in a month or two.

(1) Should I apply for my wife's visa with me? I have gone through earlier posts regarding joining spouse and people mention that it is easier if we apply together. But I am not sure how difficult will that be to take care of my wife in the Belgium when I am new to the country, no knowledge of dutch language and don't know much about medical facilities.

(2) If we apply together say in the month of November, what are the chances that they will issue us visa when they know we are expecting a baby soon. Plus, she won't be able to go through x-ray for medical certificate when pregnant.

(3) If we apply together and suppose we both get visas, can she come with the baby after I am settled there? I know it will be painful to get baby's visa afterwards.

(4) If I have to leave her in India for the delivery and apply for her and baby's visa later on, will it be so much difficult to get their visas?

Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nambaliya

Hey, finally which option you choose and how did it go?