Romanian marrying a Syrian citizen

Hello everyone, my name is Nicu (Nick), I am a Romanian working and living in the UK for the past 3 years and I need you professional advice in a very delicate matter. My story is described in the following paragraphs.

I have been having a very tight long distance relationship for one year (facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype) with my girlfriend who is a Syrian citizen. She lives in a war-free zone in Aleppo in Northern Syria and she has a good position regarding family / job / home.

Last week we met each other in Beirut, Lebanon, where we say each other for the first time in real life and we have spent a very relaxing week and we felt so good with each other.

Now, long story short, to get her in Romania, with a simple visit visa, with a letter of intent where I explain our relationship and the fact that she coming there would help us building on our relationship + proof of everything we have had between each other so far would get the people from the Immigrations Office in Romania (in your opinion) to approve the visit???

And I love her, I don't choose the way of my heart. I start talking to her after I broke up with my ex, which was Romanian living in the UK... and my current girlfriend from the other side of the world helped me get over everythiing I felt bad in my life... it is just like that. And we talked and texted each other every single day for almost a year for even several hours a day!!!

In Romania normally I would be responsible if anything goes wrong... this is what that type of visit visa declaration requires there in RO.

Because, access for Syria might have been blacklisted, but not blocked, right??

Also, do you have experience with people like me and my girlfriend having succeeded in any way?

I am very positive and I have patience and I am not rushing anywhere. What do I baically do to show that our relationship is basically genuine and make people of Romania, in this case, to get over the fact that she is Syrian, and let her come to visit me there on the grounds of building our relationship even further?

I can also meet her in Beirut in the future in any case to have more proof. Would that do any good??

I'm in a similar position being british iv been in an internet relationship with my Romanian girlfriend for two and half years and we do plan to meet by the end of the year.we do love each other and we have plans for our future together.iv looked up on visas which is a mine field.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Laci79

This is an English language forum, you are welcome to post only in English here.  Also, do not publish personal contact information on the open forum.  Please review the Romania Forum Code of Conduct, to avoid having any more of your posts removed.

@Nicu

To obtain a visit visa, yes you must obtain a letter of invitation, which you can do at the notary public office.  Basically, you are taking legal responsibility for her while she is visiting in Romania.   This topic is covered quite extensively on the forum already.  It is not necessary to "prove" your relationship at this stage for her to obtain a visit visa. 

However, if your relationship progresses further and you get married and then decide to have her move to Romania, that will be the time when you will have to prove your relationship to IGI.  With her being Syrian, they may scrutinize her, and your relationship, quite closely to ensure that immigration fraud is not being committed.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

But how can I get them in Romania to be ok with us as long as she is from Syria? What can you teach me, considering only her nationality first?

Epsilonn wrote:

But how can I get them in Romania to be ok with us as long as she is from Syria? What can you teach me, considering only her nationality first?

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely.  Can you rephrase it, or explain what your concern is more? :)

People across the world are against anyone coming from Syria. So, besides my portfolio I use as proof of our relationship and the fact that we know each other, how can I get people at the Immigration Office to be ok with the fact that she comes from Syria? A country which is blacklisted... anywhere on the globe...??

Epsilonn wrote:

People across the world are against anyone coming from Syria. So, besides my portfolio I use as proof of our relationship and the fact that we know each other, how can I get people at the Immigration Office to be ok with the fact that she comes from Syria? A country which is blacklisted... anywhere on the globe...??

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but Syrians in general are not "blacklisted" in Romania from an immigration standpoint.  Countries around the world are accepting Syrian refugees.  You should not have a problem.

ohhh... this is what I was told on other forums but I am happy to hear that.

Is there a programme that actually works and that she could join in order to go somewhere else as a refugee. Could she apply for something in order to get to Romania as a refugee? Or the UK... ?

Also, can we both go to another country and get married there (like in Ecuador) and have that marriage certificate recognised in Romania or UK? Would she be seen as my wife if married in, for instance, Ecuador? I hear people saying that but can I get married there without having a residence there?

Epsilonn wrote:

ohhh... this is what I was told on other forums but I am happy to hear that.

Is there a programme that actually works and that she could join in order to go somewhere else as a refugee. Could she apply for something in order to get to Romania as a refugee? Or the UK... ?

Also, can we both go to another country and get married there (like in Ecuador) and have that marriage certificate recognised in Romania or UK? Would she be seen as my wife if married in, for instance, Ecuador? I hear people saying that but can I get married there without having a residence there?

In your first post you said:

She lives in a war-free zone in Aleppo in Northern Syria and she has a good position regarding family / job / home.

Based on this, it doesn't sound to me like she would qualify for refugee status.  Even if she did, she would then be assigned to live in one of the refugee camps.  Is that what you both want??  I do know that refugee status is not something that can be shopped for.  It is a serious process that should not be abused, because there are others in the world that really do need protection and assistance. 

As for the question about marriage, yes you can do that.  Or you could just get married in Romania.  I don't quite understand why you would consider going across the world to Ecuador, it's rather unnecessary and complicated I think.  You're a Romanian citizen, you can theoretically sponsor a visitor...you should be able to get married in Romania.

Maybe I'm missing something here  :/

Thank you very much for your answers. Well..... she being from Syria and hearing of such a low rate of success when applying for a visa to go to another country, as a Syrian, especially in the EU...

Yes I can sponsor her and I have all I need for her. I just need her to get the visa to visit Romania.

I am working in the UK and my dad is going to make the invitation and add all supporting documents that I send. Do you think that him being the one inviting will pose any issues whatsoever?

Also, just out of curiosity, how could I get married in Tanzania or Ecuador without having a residenmce there and where in the country? At the Romanian Embassy? They require residency...

Epsilonn wrote:

I am working in the UK and my dad is going to make the invitation and add all supporting documents that I send. Do you think that him being the one inviting will pose any issues whatsoever?

No, it shouldn't be a problem.  It's been done many times.

Epsilonn wrote:

Also, just out of curiosity, how could I get married in Tanzania or Ecuador without having a residenmce there and where in the country? At the Romanian Embassy? They require residency...

You need to ask in the forums of those countries.  This forum is specifically about Romania.

One last and very importan question please.

When I invite her in Romania, aren't the people from the Immigration Office that are processing our application think that she might not go back after her stay and claim asylum???

Because this is how the UK Home office thinks when it comes for Syrian citizen trying to cvisit the UK. And this is why they get rejections mainly...

Please share your opinion on this.

Anyone please share your opinion on my last post. We have a clean application for her to visit me in Romania.

She has a job in Syria as a teacher. Do you think I should add a signed statement from her boss regarding her working there? I could invite her there up to 90 days. Should I invite her there for as long as the visa allows her? 90 days? How to do this in order to look good in the eyes of the Immigration Officer?

I don't want the Immigration Office in Romania thinking she might claim asylum after the visit when all I want to do is to show I can provide everything for her there.

In the meantime, while she is there, I want to marry her and do all paperwork for her to be able to stay there.

But first I want to get her in Romania on a normal visit visa and show that everything about her coming there is clear and clean and I want to meet her there after we saw each other in Beirut etc...

I know Romania is not afraid of potential refugees as the UK is so what advice do you have for me on this matter?

Also what do you think of a study visa there?