New teachers looking for new friends

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relocating to Kuwait in a couple of weeks and we have a ton of questions for fellow expats.

We are definitely looking to meet new people and make friends - we are quite social people, but heard it can be a little more difficult to make friends there. Does anyone know of any cafes or social groups? I'm sure we'll meet a lot of people with work, but in case we were looking for something outside of that.

We would also be interested in sports groups. I used to play football and rugby, and would love to pick that up again.

If anyone has any recommendations on gyms/health clubs. We are both very active, and would prefer one with a pool! We saw a website online comparing prices and amenities but if anyone has any personal experience that would be great.

We appreciate any advice or help. Thanks everyone!

Hey guys, what's up?
I'm originally from the NYC area: many moons ago, and am coming up on 4 years in Kuwait...
I'd be up for hanging out when you arrive...
Socializing: with like minded individuals has definitely been a challenge...
Feel free to private message me and I'll send you my Viber/Whatsapp...

Stay well     :  )

Hellooo,

My wife and I are moving too in a couple of weeks. Both from U.K. I'm working over there as a teacher and my wife as a personal trainer at a gym but unfortunately it has no swimming  pool.

Have you sorted out your accommodation?

Shaz

Hi... I do
Whatsupp me ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi! Wow that sounds good, do you know which area you are moving to? Our accommodation is sorted by our school so we're not positive on where that is just yet. Definitely looking forward to getting to know you both.

Hello.
Welcome to the desert land of Kuwait.

Actually there are lots of events and activities set up for professional mingles/foreigners interactions & newcomers in Kuwait.

We recently had a '80s themed party in a 5 star hotel for a lil amount of money which included dinner and tbe turnup was quite big..mostly people from Europe, US, South Africans  & few Easterners.

There are more such events planned as summer will soon be ending and thus more perfect weather for such events.

Please feel free to DM me for more or whatsapp me***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

there is a website called meetup.com where you can find social groups in kuwait.

there are plenty of running groups that include every gender, color and creed you can find in kuwait and they regularly meet for runs by the beach (q8runclub on instagram).

there is a rugby team of expats called the scorpions, they have both male and female teams, and plenty of social events in their calendar, look them up too.

Another couple in the same boat over here. The wife and I are arriving from the UK late August and will be looking to make the most of any socials ! We will both be teaching and living in Hawally 👍

@sls2017 Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting once you're settled.

hi contact me on whats app *** male here from india

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.